Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
krunalrpatel28
Accepted Solution

My WIFI t420

[ Edited ]

I am currently running win7 x64 on the t420 with the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN. Now when I first turn on or restart my computer, the my wifi works perfectly. It allows me to create the PAN and connect up my desktop(send files from laptop to desktop). The only issue I have is that if I run the computer for a few days or I enter sleep/hibernate and resume windows, the my wifi does not work, however the regular wifi does. In other words, I am no longer able to create the PAN but still have internet access. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried everything, that includes flipping the wifi power switch, disabling and restarting services, disconnecting and reconnecting from my normal wifi connection, enabling and disabling wifi through software, but nothing short of a restart seems to bring the my wifi PAN connection back to life. If anyone has any insight it would be grealy appreciated. I'm using the intel proset software provided by intel(its up to date) because the lenovo version would crap out from time to time. I believe the lenovo driver version also had this problem. 

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Re: My WIFI t420

Hi

You might check this:

Go to Device Manager>right click your Network Adapter>Properties>Power Management Tab

Hibernate Resume Problem-powermanagement2009-02-19_053205.jpg

If "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is ticked, untick it, OK.

Hope it helps

Fanfold Paper
krunalrpatel28

Thanks, I tried that and it worked, so that is my alternate option. But, I was reading through some of the forums and heard that the drivers from lenovo are enhanced to work better. While changing the power options helps the version of the intel driver(from intels site), I realized why i switched to it. 

I  did a full wipe, installed professoinal 7 x64, and used the lenovo update to install my wifi driver. when the computer sleeps and resumes, it says the intel my wifi adapter cannot be found and has all the options grayed out. only way to get the my wifi back is to restart the comp. any suggestions? 

Bit Torrent
tripplec

The joys of installing a clean OS. Check their download section. Automatic won't work until you get all the base drivers and chipset detection modules installed. Thats why manually installing and updating a notebootk is a 3-5hr job with all the rebooting and working out the issues.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Fanfold Paper
krunalrpatel28

yea, i finally got it figured out. I use the lenovo drivers for everything except wifi and the nvs4200m and it works perfectly now. sometimes you have to disable and reenable the "my wifi shared technology" in order for your folders to show up on the network again, minor glitch though.