Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Chrisb36

New T510

I recently got a new T510 with i7, windows 7 professional, 4gm ram.

It takes about 5-7 seconds for Mozilla Firefox to open, which I consider slow for the speed of this computer, my work computer running a dual core pops it right open in under a second.  Any idea what might be going on here?

It also takes far longer to start then my work computer which is running Windows 7 standard. 

Sometimes the pointer will not move for a few seconds when I run my finger across trackpad.

When I shut down computer last night windows said it had 28 updates to install, when I got home from work today it wasn't finished and once it did start back up it said it will install more updates next time I turn off computer.

So overall seems like there are some issues with this computer, I'm nervous about futre of it if already experience problems, any suggestions or feed back about these problems. Thanks

Token Ring
napalm

Re: New T510

Some "antivirus" program slowing everything down? Or, even worse, Windows Defender being enabled too?

Nap.

Fanfold Paper
Chrisb36

Nope, this only antivirus program I have is the free AVG (or at least the only one I see in the uninstall programs section of the control panel) and windows defender is disabled.  But yes it takes about 10 minutes for this computer to start......doesn't this seem way to slow for a new i7 w 4gs ram or am I just being to critical.   Also anybody know why they don't send a copy of windows 7 or any driver disks?  Thanks.

SCSI Port
nevermore

[ Edited ]

There aren't any discs because the preloaded operating system including all drivers is stored on a hidden "recovery" partition.

On a different note, I recommend that you make a set of recovery discs (by means of "Factory Recovery Disks" tool) if you haven't done so yet.

Fanfold Paper
Chrisb36

Thanks,

Any suggestions to get these thing booting quicker.

Token Ring
napalm

Chrisb36 wrote:

But yes it takes about 10 minutes for this computer to start......doesn't this seem way to slow for a new i7 w 4gs ram or am I just being to critical.

No it shouldn't be that slow.

Nap.

Serial Port
macmovieman

It takes me about 1 second to open Firefox and IE?? We have the same set up.

Thinkpad T510-4313 CTO | Core i7 620M 2.66 GHz | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA 3100m 512 MB | 15.6 inch LED HD Plus | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 | 1- TB (2-500 GB 7200rpm) Hard Drive |
Token Ring
napalm

I would try to uninstall the antivirus and see what gives. To completely eliminate software from the question you could "restore to factory" and see how it works without any additional software. Also check the HD shock protection - if the sensors are oversensitive they might stop the disk every now and then. Just watch it in Control Panel -> Lenovo Airbag protection.

Nap.