Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
wumpenkarl
Accepted Solution

New Touchpad-Unit+Fingerprintsensor and new slight problems

Hi,

the Lenovo service installed a new inletcover with a new touchpad and fingerprint sensor due to a problem with the fingerprint sensor.

Everything is working nearly perfect now. But there are two issues. First, the laptop cannot be started (switched on) anymore with the fingerprint sensor. The green light is not on. The other (not really a) problem is that there is now  a symbol beside the cursor when scrolling through pages; vertical like horizontal. There was no symbol before the new touchpad and I do not want to have that. How can I deactivate the symbol and activate the possibility to start my laptop with the fingerprint sensor?

Thanks in advance,

Max

Token Ring
Kresimir

Re: New Touchpad-Unit+Fingerprintsensor and new slight problems

Use ThikVantager Fingerprint sensor software, on settings there is PowerOn security, there is "use Fingerprint scan instead of power-on button"

Regards!

Paper Tape
wumpenkarl

[ Edited ]

Hi, I checked the configuration in the fingerprint software. The issue is, that is was already activated. And it worked before I got the new touchpad/fingerprintsensor. So I deactivated it, restarted the PC and activated it again. After one more restart it still didn't work. Any other ideas?

Best regards!

RedEd12
Topics: 5
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 13

wumpenkarl:

What model thinkpad do you have, which Windows OS and what is the exact version of fingerprint software you are using?

Thanks!

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.
Paper Tape
wumpenkarl

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm using the 420s model 4173RB4 with Windows 7 64bit. Fingerprint sensor software should be the newest with 5.9.6. The curious thing is, that it worked properly. Since I have the new component not anymore. Stupid question: I tried to get into the bios. Maybe it is deactivated there. Is it possible? I wasn't able to enter it.

RedEd12
Topics: 5
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 13

BIOS.jpgThe T420s should be able to enter BIOS by pressing F1 at boot up, you may want to press it several times, otherwise you miss the chance and Windows loads.  The "security" tab at the top of the page has the fingerprint options, enter that part of the menu (see image on right) Make sure that Predesktop Authentication option is enabled, save your changes and it should prompt you for your fingerprint after boot up.

Let us know if that works for you!

Ed

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.
Paper Tape
wumpenkarl

[ Edited ]

OK, tried to disable/enable in BIOS settings, resetted the fingerprint data but it didn't work. The answer is to delete all fingerprints in the windows fingerprint sensor software and to add them again. Strange, because the logon worked..

Thank you all very much for the help!

Maybe there is someone who can help me to deactivate this symbol beside the cursor when scrolling with the touchpad?