Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

One USB port not working properly

[ Edited ]

were you able to resolve this? either through lenovo or microsoft? i have the same issue with my T410 usb port (1 faulty). thanks.

subject edited & post moved as new thread 

T410 ~ i7-620M 2.66GHz ~ Win7 PRO 32bit ~ WXGA+ 14.1 LED ~ nVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M~ 4GB RAM ~ WebCam ~ 250GB 7200rpm ~ Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 ~ eSata port (non-powered / don't ask me why. I know it should have been powered)
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: One USB port not working properly

try to update or/and re-install intel chipset drivers.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

which intel chipset drivers? the intel AMT drivers? thanks.

T410 ~ i7-620M 2.66GHz ~ Win7 PRO 32bit ~ WXGA+ 14.1 LED ~ nVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M~ 4GB RAM ~ WebCam ~ 250GB 7200rpm ~ Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 ~ eSata port (non-powered / don't ask me why. I know it should have been powered)
Community Moderator
yigit

intel chipset drivers, also make sure your device and cable is working.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

where would i get these drivers?
Maliha

Intel chipset drivers for your T410:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73684

Rest of the drivers:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/migr-74582.html

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

thank you for your suggestion, reinstalled all the appropriate chipset drivers. usb and webcam are still non-functional. although i can still use the faulty port with certain devices. ie mp3 player (data & power) and usb mouse adapter (usb & power) so i doubt it can be a hardware related issue if these devices work.

Maliha

Try running complete Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox test on your system, Toolbox -> Diagnostics -> Full System Test.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

check your faulty usb port, is anything physically broken like a bent pin?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

I checked the USB port and there isn't any broken pins or misalignment of parts.

Funny thing is that last night as I logged into my Gmail account, I looked down on my chat box and magically my name had

the camera icon next to it. So I checked my Fn+F6 setting and my webcam was working. Then I checked to see if I still had that unknown USB device in my Device Manager. Nope. It was fixed. It was listed as a USB Composite Device. I checked both

drivers for the webcam and the USB composite, and it was installed and working properly. So just to make sure it was a fluke I restarted. Still working.

Now this morning nothing works again. Same problem no webcam and Unknown USB Device in Device Manager.

Now what gives? I did everything to fix it before reinstalled drivers, restore to factory and nothing worked. Then last night

I wasn't doing anything and it was working again. It can't be hardware if it was working before right? All function were available. Now it's not. The unit has been well taken care of so no abuse of component or anything.

Hopefully this information helps, cause I'm stumped. Thanks.