Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
tenniscp25

Poor depot service in Thailand. Want my laptop replaced.

[ Edited ]

I sent my 3-month-old T410s laptop to the depot just to have the LCD cable replaced. What I've got is shocking:

-          They replaced my LCD panel and motherboard for no reasons.

-          They pulled the SSD strap with a screwdriver, tearing the strap in the process.

-          They flipped my laptop and dragged it along the table, resulting in LOTS of scratches on the top lid cover.

-          I don't know what else they did inside my laptop.

This is my third ThinkPad in 6 years. I expect the support to be much more professional and of higher quality. However, the depot staff are careless and seem not to know how to handle customers' laptops. Now, I want my laptop to be replaced rather than repaired.

In details...

I bought this T410s in the United States. It seems this model isn't available in Thailand, though.

From day one, my laptop had random screen flickering (black pixels displayed in red, and white pixels displayed in blue). However, that could easily be stopped by a slight press on the area beside the power button. I did some research on the internet and found this could be caused by a bad LCD cable. Though, I decided not to send my laptop for repair because I had to use it for work everyday.

It'd been three months and the flickering happened more frequently, so frequently that I couldn't take it anymore. Finally, I sent my laptop to the depot yesterday.

I showed a female staff the flickering and told her about my guess on the LCD cable. She flipped the laptop down to take note on the serial no. or something. Suddenly she pushed it (top cover face-down) across the table back and forth with her assistant!!!!!

Then, they tried to pull the SSD strap but failed so they used a SCREWDRIVER to pierce through the tiny space between the strap and the SSD. (The diameter of the screwdriver is about twice thicker than that of the SSD.) This tore my SSD strap!!!!

In the afternoon, they told me they needed to replace the LCD cable but the cable wasn't available in Thailand and they had to order one from Malaysia, which would take another 3-4 days. This is okay. I told them I'd take the laptop back and send it in again later when the part comes.

In the evening, a technician told me he had replaced my LCD PANEL and MOTHERBOARD for no reasons, and he hadn't put them back in!!!! He said he'd put them back when the LCD cable comes. I ended up going home with a laptop whose LCD panel and motherboard aren't mine...!?! Plus, applying pressure near the power button doesn't stop the flickering anymore.

At home, I noticed LOTS of scratches on the top lid cover. (It was pretty dimmed at the depot.)

I've babied this laptop with great care. I've never put anything on top of the cover. This depot service is very horrible and unacceptable. I don't want them to take care of my laptop anymore.

What should I do to get my laptop replaced?

Punch Card
awjc11

Re: Poor depot service in Thailand. Want my laptop replaced.

[ Edited ]

If you all you say is true.. then I believe that you should be entitled to a new laptop since it was defective when you received it in the first place.  But now that you've had it for months, I doubt Lenovo would be so willing to do this... well unless the depot admits to their mistakes and pays for the new laptop.  Next time, you should call them immediately once you have a problem and try to have them send you  a new replacement rather than refer you to a depot.  Some depots are good with knowledgeable staff whereas others have no clue what they are doing as they handle other manufacturers as well as Lenovo.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 138

[ Edited ]

Hi  tenniscp25,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I read through your feedback and i'm really sorry for what you have faced. Even though the case happened 3 months ago, I think I could share your experience with Lenovo Care's team. I am not sure what they would do about it, but i want to log this case formally for you.

Do you mind to send me a private message along with the info i need below?

• Full Name
  • Phone Contact
  • Email
  • Machine Type Model
  • Serial Number
  • Case number when you sent in for repair

Thank you !

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
tenniscp25

[ Edited ]

@Cleo_Lenovo

I sent you two private messages last week but didn't get any response from you. I'm still looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 138

Hi,

I apologize for my late response.

In regard to your issue, i have informed the LenCare team about it and they will follow up with you soon.

Besides, i'm interested to know about the noise that you mentioned in PM. Are you able to confirm it happened after the motherboard changed?

Also, could you try different power scheme in Power Manager software and see if it helps?

- Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
tenniscp25

[ Edited ]

> Besides, i'm interested to know about the noise that you mentioned in PM. Are you able to confirm it happened after the motherboard changed?

I'm not sure about the CPU whine, but I've noticed the high pitched noise when I click the Windows Live Messenger Sign-in button only after the motherboard change.

On the other hand, I can confirm that the rapidly ticking noise when I move the mouse didn't happen before. It's now so apparent that I can hear it even when there're few people talking couple meters away from me.

> Also, could you try different power scheme in Power Manager software and see if it helps?

Switching to lower CPU speed does eliminate the noise. However, I don't think that's a good solution.

BTW, I've attached a new video clip showing the unstable hinge I mentioned in the PM. I found it more like loose body parts rather than just the hinge. Again, I'm not sure if this is normal for T410s laptops.

Here's the video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTgg715I4Mk

Punch Card
tenniscp25

By "I'm not sure about the CPU whine", I mean if it did happen before, it must be very faint.

Before the motherboard change, my friend asked me about the whine. I put my ear few inches away from the top left corner but could hardly notice the noise. Now, I can sometimes hear it when I sit and work normally.