Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
cmakosch
Accepted Solution

Power Manager features and other problems associated with the T510

For the better part of 5 years I've been a happy user of a IBM Z60m and decided it was time to pass my z60 off to my son and buy a new T510.  Well I after several weeks of ownership I can honestly say I'm irritated and frustrated by several ongoing issues and am ready to send the whole unit back.  

From the time I pulled it out of the box I'm been having power management issues.  I've been on Microsoft's help forums, called lenovo support, and spent countless hours on blogs and forums looking for assistance.   No matter what I do in the lenovo power setting arrangements my computer aways goes in stanby after a minute of nonuse and then asks me for my windows password.  So after an entire day of inserting my password my frustration level is off the chart.  I removed the password in the user settings that didn't help.  I changed the global settings to turn off password in stanby mode that didn't help.  I've changed the power choice feature to optimize and others but none of that helped.  

Beyond those problems... I inserting two different disks to insert new programs and my system kept telling me it couldn't read either.  I first thought they were scratch but my old ibm laptop read each without a problem.  

So there you have it.  

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: Power Manager features and other problems associated with the T510

Are you sure the system is going into standby after 1 minute?  Or is the screen being locked? 

Try this:

1.  right-click on desktop and choose "personalize"

2.  click on "screen saver" in the lower right corner

3.  uncheck the box that says "On resume, display logon screen"

Does that fix your issue?

Fanfold Paper
cmakosch

Well that may have done it.  I had no screen saver set but the 1minute area was checked with return to login.  I would never had guessed to look there to solve my problem.  A world of pain has been lifted.  Thank you.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

[ Edited ]

You're welcome.  I'm sure that was frustrating.  I heard of this happening for someone else recently also.  I don't know why windows is locking the screen automatically when no screen saver is set.  It might be a bug in Windows 7.

Broadband 3G
JDay

[ Edited ]

someotherguy wrote:

You're welcome.  I'm sure that was frustrating.  I heard of this happening for someone else recently also.  I don't know why windows is locking the screen automatically when no screen saver is set.  It might be a bug in Windows 7.

It's not a bug, it is due to the screen being shut off after a period of inactivity. That setting is in the advanced power management options.

EDIT: Actually it looks like he had the screen saver set to blank screen.