Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
RickyS
Accepted Solution

Presentation Director for T410?

Hi all,

I just got a new T410 Thinkpad for work and it looks like none of the ThinkVantage software is loaded - the OS is Windows XP SP3.  I already miss the Presentation Director so I can Function-F7 my way to different monitors at home and work.  Is there a way I can just install Presentation Director?  Where do I find and download this software?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Ricky

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Presentation Director for T410?

Hi RickyS,

You can download the presentation director here.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Serial Port
RickyS

Awesome, thanks for the quick and helpful response JameZ!

Serial Port
RickyS

I have my Presentation Director set so that when I press Control F7, it should always pop up the selection screen to choose which display mode I want to go into, but this doesn't happen.  It seems to toggle between the available display modes.  What's up with that?  I don't have the Thinkvantage software on my T410 with WinXP - I think our IT stripped it.  Should I install the whole Thinkvantage suite to minimize issues around anything?  I posted a question about the volume/screen brightness green bars that don't show up in a separate thread...

help!

Retired Employee
JameZ

Hi Ricky,

Do you mean all ThinkVantage software has been removed by the company's IT admin? You should check with them first as this could be company policy on not installing the software? If they are ok with it then do download the ThinkVantage Productivity Center.

For the volume/screen issue, do try reinstalling the hotkeys.

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Serial Port
RickyS

What are the hotkeys?  I'll try that...

Serial Port
RickyS

Hooray, I found it here http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74261

Yeah, I think when our IT was setting up the image for these laptops, they didn't install any of the Thinkvantage software.  I had to install presodirector and now the hotkeys.  Anything else I'm missing that I should install?  I don't think I need the wifi manager...

Retired Employee
JameZ

RickyS,

Download the ThinkVantage System Update and select all the applications from there. Since you do not want the wifi manager (Access Connections) then you can leave it untick.

//JameZ

Serial Port
RickyS

I'll give that a shot, thanks again for being very helpful.