Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
Izmi

Re: R400/T400/T500/W500: display driver "amdkmdap" crashes

[ Edited ]

Just a suggestion: Let's try to keep this thread clean by focusing on issues with Vista.

I also made the switch to Win 7 64 and so far, it's also an improvement in the "switchable graphics"-area. But I've already observed some issues:

•  Power consumption is much higher than under Vista 32. It seems related to a problem in the power management of the switchable graphics adapters.
  • On my external Dell monitor, I observe occasionally "pixel noise". In some areas of the screen pixels flicker in different colors.

I've created a new Win 7 thread here. Make sure to mention your Win 7-specific findings there!

Fanfold Paper
FriedDylan

Maybe a mod should change the subject of the thread then.  As I've been following this based on the error, functionality of the computer and the driver replacement.  Plenty of talk about XP Vista and Win 7 should help narrow down the problem.  As I've stated- so far so good.

Vista 64 and 32 for me wasn't the best situation while I did get a fairly stable install of the available driver I could never depend on the performance.  At this time I have thrown some 3D games in the mix without the driver crashing under Win 7.

All good data.

__
Thinkpad T400 IC2D T9400 2.53Ghz (2765-T2U)4Gb RAM 320Gb Hard Drive
Discreet Graphics - 1400x900
Windows 7 Enterprise 32Bit
Token Ring
Izmi

Maybe you're right. Let me explain why I (as a thread creator who can change the title) don't want to do this.

Driver development is OS-specific. That is, there is a driver for XP, one for Vista, and one for 7. While there is shared code across the drivers, there is highly OS-specific code in each of them which can also alter the behavior of the shared code. Consequently, each driver is developed, tested, and maintained separately.

For us, on the testing side this means:If we detect an error under XP, this does not mean that there is also one under Vista, and likewise for the other OS combinations. Thus, also error reporting should be OS-specific.

What's DOS?
ernieadams

This exact same problem happens with the Ideapad U330.

Let me know if you know of any workarounds regarding that.

Thanks

Token Ring
Izmi

Hi ernieadams!

Welcome to this forum! I hope that your problem can be solved. Can you elaborate on which message you reply? You say that you have exactly the same problem. Which problem again? (There is more than problem.)