Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
palemoonrises

Rear (Yellow) USB port stopped working

[ Edited ]

A few days ago, the rear USB port (yellow/always on) on my t510 stopped working. 

Machine Type is 4313-CTO

I have updated the Lenovo Power Manager, and ensured that always on USB is turned on in the application + in the BIOS.

I have tried multiple cables. Including a iPhone cable, a wireless USB mouse transceiver, and a wired mouse. (all three of these devices are functional).

They work on the left side USB ports, including the combo USB/SATA Port. 

The rear USB port - will give power to my phone as well, with the computer all the way off & when it's powered on. But Windows 7 does not detect a device on that port. and Device Manager doesnt' update either. 

Is this a known issue? and other than calling Lenovo ThinkPad support for depot repair (which I have already done), does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

Re: Rear (Yellow) USB port stopped working

USB port are not working properly, To diagnose, I would suggest you to please perform the following steps. Right click on My Computer, Manage, Device Manager, double click universal Serial Bus controllers, uninstall all USB Root Hub.

Now restart the system and install the Chipset software and also update the Bios of your system from the below mentioned web link.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_SG/downloads/default.page?

After this, please restart the system and check if the issue resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!