Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Clavis

Re: What Makes A Great Company

Hey MuF,

thank you! The " so it won't be able to boot then." worried me a bit :-)

Thanks for your fast reply and your helpful vid. Didn't expect BF3 to run that well!

MuF
Ctrl-Alt-Del
MuF

Windows can wake from hibernation after power down and while it is powered off the memory setup can be changed (you can take out one memory stick) and windows has to check whether the memory setup is the same as before hibernating. However when you hibernate, connect eGPU the BIOS will change the memory setup ("inner composition"?) so windows will detect it and say:

"Memory changed:

a) revert memory back or

b) hibernated data will be lost and windows will boot like there was no attempt for hibernation"

BF3 runs well, sometimes there are nasty hiccups, microlags, etc. It isn't 100% flawless experience - yet it is still twice the framerate as expensive HUGE gaming notebooks :smileyhappy: 

MuF
Ctrl-Alt-Del
MuF

does anyone experience problems while booting x220 while connected egpu?

What's DOS?
kallitokaco

It works, thank you very much for the nice bios version, i did not expect it this early. Thank you nando4 and the others.

X220 + BIOS 1.28 + 8GB RAM + eGPU GTX460 works fine without modifications.

MuF
Ctrl-Alt-Del
MuF

kallitokaco: does your x220 boot right after pressing power button while you have your egpu connected?
Punch Card
Fusel

Betreff: Request to fix TOLUD in newer BIOS files

Can somebody take a look at the TOLUD in X220 @ BIOS 1.29? If I saw this right, its back to 3.5G again?

Broadband 3G
ibmthink

@lenovo,

could you please fix the TOLUD in the L-Series? 

Paper Tape
CptYesterday

[ Edited ]

bogatyr schrieb:

For anyone using an eGPU (DIY ViDock) or a ViDock 3/4/4+ with 4GB or more memory we are stuck using an old BIOS file. The TOLUD was switched from 3.0GB to 3.5GB at some point, across all Thinkpad series BIOS files.

T420s - 1.09 is the highest we can use.

T420 - 1.15 is the highest

X220 - 1.11 is the highest

I'm sure the other series have the same issue as most BIOS changes are across the board with the systems.

More information can be found at:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/418851-egpu-experiences-403.html#post...

Those of us who want to use an external GPU device would like to not be stuck using an old BIOS that is missing important fixes for our laptops. Please return the TOLUD back to 3.0GB.

Moderator Note:- Per community rules no petitions are allowed, re-worded the subject.

Was this problem solved on the Lx20-Series as well?

What's DOS?
agpn

Can layout how you did it so we can try and duplicate it?

thks

Paper Tape
And1

Here's another Thinkpad Lx20 user waiting for a Bios fix. Although TOLUD is 3.0 Gb I still get an Error 12. I think there are devices using the necessary PCI space so I get the Error 12. Please confirm if there will be a fix or it is not worth wait for it.