Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
brandy

SmartAudio still does not work after 1 year

I purchased my t520 in May 2011. To this date the SmartAudio option in the control panel still does not work. After 1 year. I get the same error I got when I first turned my laptop on out of the box. Failed to initialize SmartAudio, the aplication will now exit.
Broadband 3G
JDay

Re: SmartAudio still does not work after 1 year

Did you make the factory restore disc set? Use that to restore the system.

Paper Tape
brandy

Yes. But why would I restore the whole system to find out I have the same issue? I had this problem from day one. When I unboxed my laptop and it has absolutely nothing installed it already had this error. So if I restore to the default systems settings, just like it came from factory I will have the same issue.
Paper Tape
Suushi

Hello brandy,

I had this problem too, except it was a while after I recieved my w520. Later found out a software I installed (ManyCams) created a driver that was incompatible with SmartAudio.

Try going to device manager, Sound, video and game controllers, and disabling all the drivers listed in that tab other than conexant one (mine says Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD). SmartAudio opened fine after that for me. You can then try enabling them one by one and see if SmartAudio opens still, for me I could keep most of my sound drivers, and found that ManyCams Virtual Microphone was the problem.

Regards,

Suushi.

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hello Brandy,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community, its never fun when your computer from day one is having issues. I hope the suggestion from Suushi and others have fixed your problem if not I have a link here that is for a download of Conexant Audio Software.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS014918

I was going to suggest that you delete and re download  the driver and see if that fixes your issues. '

I hope this helps you,

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!