Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
tori

Strange items deletion in various applications as if the Delete key being pressed.

I work with a T420 laptop docked in a docking station.

The following strange phenomenon is happaning:

Occasionally, Items are being deleted or attempt to be deleted in various applications as if the Delete key is being pressed constantly.

Examples:

1. The Outlook window is open, left mouse click on the Inbox folder results in all emails being deleted.

2. Explorer window is open, left mouse click on one of the files or folder results in attemp to delete the file or folder. Clicking 'NO' results in an endless loop of attempt to delete.

3. Google window is open (IE), clicking on one of the letters in the search box, results in this letter being deleted.

4. Open Task manager, results in attempt to delete the first task in row.

When docked out the laptop from its station, this strange behavior stopped.

Needles to say, that I replaced the external keyboard and the docking station itself, but it did not help.

HAS ANYONE ENCOUNTERED SUCH A PROBLEM? What do I do?!

Paper Tape
JonRL

Re: Strange items deletion in various applications as if the Delete key being pressed.

Easiest thing to do would be to rebuild the laptop, and load Windows fresh.  Backup any data to external storage (make sure to run a virus scan on it - use a reputable tool with the latest virus definitions).  If you purchased recovery discs, you will use those, or if you haven't, you'll need to create them from the laptop.  Reload the OS and see if the issue reappears.  Choose options for a full low-level format during rebuild.

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: Strange items deletion in various applications as if the Delete key being pressed.

I'd try a bootable Ubuntu Live disk first. See if it occurs there.

Also Safe Mode.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Guru
Mornsgrans

And then do a virus-scan from a Avira bootable CD if Linux works fine.

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Guru
ColonelONeill

I prefer the Kaspersky Rescue Disc myself. More GUI. :smileytongue:

W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
What's DOS?
ronireis

Hi, did you find a solution for this problem? I´m facing the same and I don´t know how to solve it.

Regards...

What's DOS?
g82martin

I am having a similar issue that I can consistently recreate. I was finding that emails were "randomly" getting deleted from various folders. It was driving me crazy! I keep my Outlook inbox fairly well organized in that I keep emails in there if they require further action. I don't keep my Deleted folder organized however, so I was getting chunks of emails going from my Inbox to my Deleted items folder and it became very difficult to find all of the deleted emails that I still needed to action..... Here is how I can recreate this:

Laptop is off of the docking station and open. Outlook has focus with an email highlighted in my inbox. I close the lid and place the laptop onto the docking station. The email that had focus is now in the deleted folder. Again, I can recreate this virtually every time. Please help!