Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
tmoschera

Stuck in Battery Stretch mode

I enabled battery stretch mode, but when I disabled it many features did not return (i.e., the task bar remains an opaque blue, when I move the cursor over an open icon on the task bar the preview tabs that pop up look like the old Windows XP ones, etc.). I did use the power management screen to confirm that Battery Stretch had been disabled and I tried restating the computer. Any ideas?

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: Stuck in Battery Stretch mode

Try toggling Battery Stretch again. Maybe it's stuck in an in-between state.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Blue Screen Again
tmoschera

Re: Stuck in Battery Stretch mode

Thanks for your help. I did try enabling and disabling power stretch with no success.

However, a few hours ago I fixed it. On the personalization screen, there was a link at the bottom of the page which was not there before this problem and isn't now that the problem was fixed. It said something link "Click here for help to fix problems with transparency and aero effects." When I clicked on it, it ran its own little test and fixed it. Although the fonts on my sticky notes were still messed up and only barely legible so I restarted the computer and that fixed the fonts.

So the problem is resolved. I hope this will help anyone else who might run into this problem.