Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
rchusid

Swappable Drive Bay/Ultra bay

[ Edited ]

I'm planning to upgrade from an old R50p and wonder if one of the features I used is available for this or other newer models of Lenovo notebooks. I have a swappable drive bay with which I can remove the DVD drive and insert a bay which holds a second hard drive. On quick check of the order screens here I didn't see this being sold. Is this option available and if so could someone provide a link to where the accessory is sold?

I just started shopping so any other information or links to info with comparisions of the various models available would also be appreciated.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

Re: Swappable Drive Bay

there is still ultrabay, but the connection has changed, so you would need to buy a new adapter. As the old one uses the PATA connection and the new one uses the SATA connection. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
rchusid

I figured I'd have to buy a new adapter. I have a number of old hard drives as I gradually upgraded drives in my old R50p. Would a new adapter be able to use these older hard drives in it? Where do they sell such accessories?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

the new laptop would only be able to use the SATA hdd. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
rchusid

I guess I'll have to use those devices which hook up a drive to usb to use the older drives. I tried this in the past but the computer didn't recognize the drive, but I gave up quickly on trying to get this to work since I had the ultrabay to stick the other drives in.