Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
yamafx4dude

System Update Stalls at WiFi Driver for Intel Cards

T510, XP 32bit. Running system update, it has now been stuck on the "WiFi Driver for Intel Cards (For windows xp 32bit)" installation going on 4 hours+ now.  This has happened with like model's / OS and the result is usually to force a reboot. And manually install it. Any suggestions why system update takes hours to install the WiFi Driver for Intel Cards (For windows xp 32bit)?

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Re: System Update Stalls at WiFi Driver for Intel Cards

It's hung for some reason and not actually installing  anything. Cancel the installation. Uninstall the WiFi card in XP and reboot so that its rediscovered and drivers will be searched for or direct it to the one you want to install.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Paper Tape
yamafx4dude

If I cancel, it gets stuck cancelling. Then have to force a reboot and manually install / update. Its the only model that "sometimes" does this.
Bit Torrent
tripplec

Then don't try and install it. Uninstall the device and shutdown. Once you reboot it should rediscover and attempt the driver installation. It you're have trouble with the same driver package. Delete it/remove it and download it again and deoompress the package. Be sure it's the right on for the OS and device.

You may have to work in safe mode to clean this up.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3