Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
sczigler
Accepted Solution

T400 (2765-T6U) Hanging on Logon After Wireless Nic Install

[ Edited ]
So we have recieved our first batch of 4 T400's (2765-T6U) and I of course wiped them out and loaded on XP Pro with SP3 and updated everything so all devices had their respective drivers. But once I installed the Wireless NIC drivers (Intel WiFi 5100 Link) from either Lenovo or Intel the logon process hangs once you type in your username and password and press enter. It hangs for a good minute and then proceeds along at lighting speed. And I have rebuilt our base laptop now twice and the same issues exists. If I uninstall the Intel Wireless drivers, I have no issues but sadly we can't have that. Anyone have any ideas?
Message Edited by sczigler on 10-23-2008 01:07 PM
Fanfold Paper
sczigler

Re: T400 (2765-T6U) Hanging on Logon After Wireless Nic Install

And all windows patches have been installed and also the laptop has been joined to our domain. No other pieces of software have been installed.
Fanfold Paper
sczigler

Anyone have any ideas, I'm not going nuts over here with this. And I dare not call Lenovo because I know for a fact they couldn't help me unless I wanted to RMA it.
Fanfold Paper
sczigler

Here is a new fact, if I use the finger swipe, I can login with in seconds but if I type my password in, it takes a minute.
What's DOS?
blagdaross

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem with 2 T400s. Both are 6474-11U models.

Message Edited by blagdaross on 11-18-2008 07:52 AM
Fanfold Paper
sczigler

We found the problem to be the wireless zero config, once we renabled that service everything was fixed. And through the windows zero config we disabled it as the main controller for wireless networks.
What's DOS?
blagdaross

fixed mine as well! Thanks!
What's DOS?
EMEA

Hi,

We have the same problem you describe, only it does not matter if we use the fingerprint software to log in or not. The product is a T400 2765 - 22G.

Our setup is pretty much like you describe it, clean winxp install, drivers from the lenovo website and lenovo power management software, fingerprint software and access connections.

Now the difference is that your solution does not work for us, the wireless zero service is enabled, disabling or enabling it again does not solve the issue, the only thing that helps is disabling the wireless device or uninstalling it, but this is not an option for obvious reasons.

I hope somebody knows what to do next, because other drivers, sequence of installation and exlusion of other software ( access connections, power management software ) does not give us positive results.

Regards.