Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
telerian
Accepted Solution

T400 BIOS and virtualization

I know this topic has been opened before but I have not found any answer. I have the T400 and I can not enable the virtualization on it. I have sees some people hack the BIOS but for different models, is there any success with the T400 ?

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: T400 BIOS and virtualization

There shouldn't be any hacking necessary.  I've been able to turn on virtualization on my T400 in every BIOS I have run on it.

It's there in BIOS->Config->CPU-> Intel Virtualization Technology and Intel VT--d feature.

I'm running BIOS version 7UET86WW(3.16).  What BIOS version are you running?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Blue Screen Again
telerian

[ Edited ]

I have 7UET66WW (2.16) and the two settings options are disabled

I have just updated to 86, still the vt-d and virtualization are disabled and can not be selected.

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

[ Edited ]

Have you done a full power off power on cycle since the BIOS update?  ISTR that just a reboot doesn't quite do the job.

[edit] The power cycle requirement may be for _after_ you enable VT, which you currently can't do.  Worth a try.

Also, what processor do you have?  I would be quite surprised, but there may be some processors that don't support virtualization (very unlikely) or maybe a BIOS bug that relates to certain processors.

Have you called support about this?

[more edit] Are you able to change _other_ BIOS settings, or are they also grayed out?  Perhaps you have a password option set that lets you view options but not set them?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Blue Screen Again
telerian

I found the problem, there is a supervisor password set.

What's DOS?
Hozonox

Nice!!!! Thanks!