Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
tarzan23
Accepted Solution

T400: BSOD with Intel GMA 4500MHD

[ Edited ]

Hi,

i own a Lenovo T400 (2767-B44). I am using Windows XP SP3, with the most recent drivers from the Lenovo support site for this model

Recently i tried using an external screen connected to the VGA connector of the notebook. This works fine, one can argue about the signal quality. I was using the Intel GMA 4500MHD GPU.

When i disconnected the monitor (without changing the video output to Notebook TFT only) Windows crashed into a BSOD about two seconds later. I suspected the Intel driver did not like it if i unplug the screen while it is still in use. So i rebooted and tried to switch to video output to Notebook TFT only before disconnecting. I did not even get a chance to disconnect the screen, Windows crashed with a BSOD again about two seconds after i changed to video output settings.

Updating the Intel drivers to the most recent version available on intel.com did not change anything.

Using the ATI GPU this works just fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Btw, are there any news about the issues with the DVI port on the T400? I am running linux and i'd really like to use the DVI port on the Advanced Mini Dock with the Intel GPU. Intel's x.org driver runs sooo much smoother than ATI's fglrx.

Message Edited by tarzan23 on 12-09-2008 02:02 PM
SCSI Port
tarzan23

Re: T400: BSOD with Intel GMA 4500MHD

As it turns out, this patch from MS solves the problem.