Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
wowy

Re: T400 Beep error

I've had the exact same problems as all of you have described.  I also found that BIOS 1.20 was the most "stable" but in the end I couldn't deal with the issues.  After looking on the Lenovo site I found that the 1-3-3-1 beep code can also be for motherboard problems.  After a very speedy call to tech support I sent in my laptop (under warranty) and they replaced the motherboard.  Since I've gotten it back it's just fine!  I would strongly recommend calling Lenovo up to have this fixed if you can't get memtest to show any errors (my runs never produced anything either, nor did the Lenovo system tests).

Oh, I'm using one 2GB stick that came with it and a 2GB I put in from Crucial with Vista Ultimate SP2 x64.

Good luck!

wowy

HDMI
firaX

What fixed it for me was resetting the TPM after EVERY Bios update! Clear - Shut down, initialize, set password. I also disabled Intel TXT! No idea which of my two steps helped, but one did. I am not sure if it is really a motherboard error. It might be coincidence, cause a new motherboard will most likely require a fresh TPM install as well. Did the new board come with the latest bios?

Thinkpad T400 (Windows 7 Ultimate x64)
Paper Tape
bfg100k

Thanks for the heads up firaX! I went one step further to simply disable the whole TPM thingy since I don't really require it and so far, after some 3-4 days, resume from standby works flawlessly.

In fact, this also fixed my other issue with the machine resetting itself a few seconds after POST status during cold boot!

Serial Port
_ak_

Have you tried the latest MEI fw update?

Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 2 8
HDMI
firaX

I have the latest MEI Firmware update installed. I still had to reset TPM after to get rid of the standby beep errors. I am pretty sure the TPM does not wake up from sleep properly sometimes, that is why we get these errors. Again, i also disabled "Intel TXT", which is disabled by default anyways. Did you guys have intel TXT enabled by any chance?

Paper Tape
bfg100k

I had "Intel TXT" enabled previously. But once you disable TPM, that option is automatically not available anymore. BTW, what is MEI Firmware and where can I get it from?

Token Ring
swg0101

[ Edited ]

Give this a try:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-71137

On the latest change revision, there is this interesting note:

(Fix) Fixed an issue where Intel Management Engine Firmware or host system might hang during M1 state or warm reset transitions.

HDMI
firaX

I also disabled Intel AMT, cause it is really only useful for Sysadmins. Still, the MEI Firmware update updates the TPM revision as well, so i recommend a reset of the TPM after Bios/MEI Firmware Updates, JUST TO BE SURE. It helped my issue!

Fanfold Paper
thptquochoc

my thinkpad t400 is same error,

somebody can fix this error??????

sorry all my english is very very bad:smileysad:

Fanfold Paper
thptquochoc

@firax: Can u fix this problem???

this is my first laptop, my friend(live in usa) help me bought it last week, but now its have this problem, i'm in viet nam, but my laptop was bought in usa,

is this hardware error or software error???

sorry all my english is very very bad