Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
tallharish
Accepted Solution

T400 Delivery issues.

I had ordered my T400 laptop(2D0WJ2) on 08/26/08  which was delivered to me on time on 09/09/08 . but it didnt work at all.
I tried it on AC supply, contacted Support, told me to press Power button 10 times etc.. and finally returned my laptop next day. Also i reordered same Notebook and configuration (2D1N91) on 9th Sep, expecting delivery on 23rd Sep (its over). 

1. instead of returning my money for laptop, they told me to arrange for new funds, for new laptop's sooner delivery.. which i somehow managed to do.

2. they swiped from my card on 22nd Sep and kept the money on hold. on 23rd morning, i get a call(desk  extn 2832839) saying that my credit card didnt go thru, and my order is on hold. i contacted bank and verified details  abt the Credit card, they said money has already been removed from my card. I called Sales back, and described the problem. They havent replied back to me yet.

It isnt my mistake that my 1st delivery didnt work. on the top of it, they expect me to pay for 2nd one, block the money, and say that I havent' paid yet. I am yet to talk to the person with Desk extn no 2832839, she has just kept it on Voice mail.

I must say that for a good brand like lenovo, their service is nothing less than HORRIBLE. Since i have  waited for 1 month for lappy, i donno what to do now.  I guess i should have followed my friend's suggestion of going ahead with Asus.. would have got it in 3 days!  Now i dont even have money to switch to that. :smileysad:

Somebody plz help!!!

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: T400 Delivery issues.

[ Edited ]

Tallharish,

Thanks for sharing - will look into the matter and try to get you some help.

Generally, sales will request a customer return a system before a replacement can be sent out.  As this can sometimes take additional time, and time may be a factor here,  it may be that you opted to just order a second unit in advance, and then you would receive credit when the first machine was returned by Lenovo.

When your second order was placed, a charge hold was placed on your card - it was not actually billed, but charge holds can show against the balance.  If the card were declined we were not able to move ahead with sending out a second system.

I can understand that you are frustrated, and I feel confident that we can find an alternate way to resolve this for you.

I'll ensure you receive some help tomorrow to resolve this.

Mark

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 09-24-2008 03:40 PM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
tallharish

Dear Mark

thanks for your concern.
I am awaiting the delivery of my 2nd laptop.

1. yes i had returned that on 11th Sep. 1Z992AT29099235567 is the back-shipment no of UPS.
2. i will be awaiting for further updates from Lenovo now. I confirmed bank again, that the money has been blocked from my card. Lenovo denied it till yesterday. Today i donno, havent contacted them.

Thanks

harish Sukhwani

Paper Tape
tallharish

[ Edited ]

Also Mark, just for yr info. A lady (mostly her name was Jamie, not sure) with extn no xxxxxxxxx on the Sales ph no. had called on 23rd morning and confirmed me that payment hasnt gone thru.
Also i dont think they are treating this order as a replacement one , they are treating it as fresh case... which is again wrong at their end.
Another weekend without a lappy i gues... :-(

Thanks

harish Sukhwani

Message Edited by nonny on 10-13-2008 03:52 PM
Paper Tape
tallharish

Update to my Laptop status:
1. Money for the 1st laptop is Refunded and credited into my account.  So have money back now.

2. The money for the 2nd Laptop is still on hold. So I hope Lenovo realises now that they have the money!
Got a call today from Mark, confirming the hold on my laptop is removed :smileyhappy:

But he says, it wil go in production now :smileysad:

I re-ordered on 9th Sep. They should have notified me the hold before... rather than as Late as 23rd Sep. Also considering its a re-order, they shouldn't have waited for Card verification to hold onto nething else.. they treated it as a normal case.. and not urgent :smileyindifferent:

In 1st order too , my first card transaction didnt go thru,  since the charges where above my debit card's Bank limit (which i didnt knew before). got the limit raised from bank and then notified them. Before they swipped the card again, the order was already ready, and they had kept it on hold only for shipping. and was nicely shipped in 2 days flat! after removing the HOLD

In this case? i donno whether its Produced already or... will be done now??

Thanks to Mark for getting my lappy out of Hold at least..

Wait continues.

Harish Sukhwani

What's DOS?
garyswindell

Great laptops but holy crap somebody at Lenovo needs to figure out what the hell is wrong with the train wreck of a department that handles credit card processing.  Too many reports of these problems to write it off as isolated incidents.  Getting the money from the customer is supposed to be the most efficient department - it's what makes everything else possible.  My order went into the "credit card hold black hole" and only after I spoke to somebody stateside (hint...hint) did it get moving again.  Of course I had to discover the problem myself.  The support after I got escalated a bit was great, but it would be a lot easier if it didn't require a call to customer service in the first place.

Maybe something like:

1) The order is placed and you get an email confirming that it has been placed.  Just one of these emails would be ok.  As it is I got several.

2) Next an email outlining the status of your payment should arrive within 24 hours.  Really should be less than that but let's be    generous.

3) Certainly if there is ANY kind of problem with the payment that should be emailed out right away with some advice on what to do (ie...please call your credit card company and make sure your shipping address is listed).

This is 2008 and a lot of companies with a lot less resources than Lenovo handle this process quite nicely. I know there are smart programmers in their neck of the woods who would be happy to help them sort this out :smileywink:

Paper Tape
tallharish

Update on my  T400 delivery issues.

1. i contacted Lenovo today, and they apparently gave me estimated date of 10/10 (1month after i reordered)

2. it was reordered on 9th sep, and removed from Hold on 26th Sep. Now thats what u call a 'QUICK response' to a replacement laptop. it was kept on a credit hold (inspite of being a replacement order) for 17 days and i didn't even knew abt it. Thanks to Mark for getting it out of Hold. 
3. Agony still continues with laptop not yet in my hands. 

Suggestions required:
1. can i plan to buy a  ready lenovo laptop from some store? which are the good options.
my ordered config: T9400, 2Gb, LCD backlit 14" screen, 160Gb 5400rpm HDD, bluetooth, Intel 5100 Wifi. 

2. How much amount of compensation should i expect from Lenovo for all the above mess. i just have lost all my patience to talk to them on phone and waiting on that queue. 

waiting for suggestions..

TallHarish  
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Tallharish,

Your system has shipped to you on 10/9/08.

I'll forward the tracking number to you by email and also follow through on the other matters we have agreed to.

Apologies again for the delays and your exceptional circumstances.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
tallharish

It has been more than 3.5 yrs with this machine, still works really well. I am pleased that I sticked with it. Love you Thinkpad !

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy