Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
janko10

T400, Fresh Vista Install = No switchable graphics

Hope someone has come across this already.   Just wiped my T400 (saved all the drivers) and installed Vista x64.  I can get the Intel card and ATI card to work independently through the bios, but not with switchable enabled (have to manually change them in bios).  I have Power Manager installed and can select the 'switchable graphics' option, but nothing happens.  I get the dialog that says 'Some programs may not work with this, yada yada' and click OK, but it never switches to the other GPU.

I've tried several different install orders with no success.  Can anybody help?  So far I've tried:

1. Intel Graphics Driver

2. Power Manager

3. ATI

No go....

1. Power Manager

2. ATI

3. Intel Graphics

No go...

1. Power Manager

2. Intel Graphics

3. ATI

No go....

All of them have been with various settings in the BIOS (at some point, I have to select just discrete or integrated to get that particular GPU driver to install, then switch back to switchable in BIOS, but I still can't switch).

Any help?  Thanks!

Fanfold Paper
janko10

Re: T400, Fresh Vista Install = No switchable graphics

[ Edited ]
I've updated some options here:
Message Edited by janko10 on 09-03-2008 06:31 PM
Punch Card
jsyt

Re: T400, Fresh Vista Install = No switchable graphics

Hey, it's good to hear you got it to work and thanks for the instructions!

I ordered a T400 and it should be here within a week or two.  I was wondering if all the drivers you needed were in the SWTOOLS folder or did you get your drivers somewhere else?  I am planning to reformat with another version of Vista once I receive my T400 and want to make sure I have everything before I start, since I've read about people not being able to find the right video driver for the 3470.

To my understanding, the driver for the 3470 should be found in the VIDEO folder in the SWTOOLS, is that correct? 

Also, did you get everything else working properly (Bluetooth, fingerprint reader, webcam)