Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
grahambird80
Accepted Solution

T400 Locked to Vodafone?

Hello,

I work for a company that uses Lenovo's for all our laptops and we have just taken delivery for 3 new T400's Type 2765-21G.

These units come with a Vodafone SIM card and a 30 day trial to the Vodafone mobile broadband (3G, GPRS).

Our company uses T-Mobile UK for all of our company phones and USB 3G dongles.

I have replaced the Vodafone SIM card with my T-Mobile SIM card and when I open the Mobile Broadband Connect software I get the message  

Your carrier is currently unsupported. Please contact your carrier for more information.

Is this just a case that I need to get my carrier to enable the service that the laptop requires? Or are the T400's locked to Vodafone?

I have also contacted our rep at T-Mobile so will post there reply.

Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: T400 Locked to Vodafone?

i think you have to request the unlock code from Lenovo service if you want to use other carriers, i think it is free. 
Agotthelf
Topics: 146
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Hello,

you also should make a call to vodafone and ask if there is a Net-Look (cannot use other than vodafone networks)
and/or Simlock (cannot use another VodafonSimcard with different Simnumber)

I think unlocking them, will cost something, in both case and Vodafone as the supplier can tell you about the costs.

Greets

Andreas

Maybe it´s different in UK than here in Germany.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

[ Edited ]

grahambird80, welcome to the forum,

they are not provider locked.

The easiest way to set up a connection is to make a profile in Access Connections. Choose WWAN as type the of connection and then set up a user defined connection. Here in Germany, the T-Mobile user name is "t-mobile", the PW is the same and the APN is internet.t-mobile.

You will need to turn WWAN on first, (Fn + F5). If you can't turn it on reinstall the drivers from C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\WWANER

Should hopefully do the trick.

edit: typo

Message Edited by andyP on 09-11-2008 03:37 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
grahambird80

Cheers for the advice andyP,

I have the Laptop connected now using GPRS.

I got the seetings from;

http://www.filesaveas.com/gprs.html#tmobile

http://www.mphone.co.uk/mms_wap_settings_t_mobile.html

Punch Card
colinmackenzie

grahambird80

We too use T-mobile broadband dongles but I have been unable use the SIM from one of these in my Lenovo X200.  The network is found but I cannot connect.  It appears to be an ip address issue.  I'm using a profile I set up in Access Connections.

Can you please explain in detail how you got it to work?

What's DOS?
stefan_k

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I have the same problem. Was your issue resolved? How?

Regards,

Stefan

What's DOS?
clemens

Thanks for this info regarding T-Mobile, worked on the spot.

Does somebody know the respective settings for Swiss providers, using the T-Mobile Sim card with a roaming connection in Switzerland ? How to find out wich provider signal is the best at a place outside of Germany ?