Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
vegemitekid

T400 - WWAN not working through Access Connections

[ Edited ]

I've recently upraded to Win7, managed to get most things working afer installing various new drivers etc, but have been unsuccessful with wwan. Have installed latest software for Power Management, Power Manager, Access Connections and Wireless WAN (HSPA) to no avail. The WWAN light comes on when the laptop starts but is not able to be controlled (turned on/off) from Access Connections.

Have just set it up to work through Network and Sharing - although it does seem to keep dropping out quite frequently (will have to comment more after testing it at different times and places).

What have other people found since moving to Windows 7?

Are there any solutions using Access Connections?

Network adaptor is a Ericsson F3507g

Many thanks

Paper Tape
CraigMillar

Re: T400 - WWAN not working through Access Connections

Hi Vegemitekid,

I have the same problem with a T400 and upgrading to Win 7 - interested to know if you got it working. I also have a problem with the fingerprint reader - did you get this working?

Craig

Ctrl-Alt-Del
vegemitekid

Hi Craig

Did have a little trouble with the Fingerprint - not sure if you uninstalled it before upgrading (I didn't). Tried to uninstall it afterwards but it comes up with an error about it being incompatible so the old Vista one is still there in my installed program list. However good news was that I manually installed a new Windows 7 Fingerprint which seems to be OK - I installed the Client Security Software I had uninstalled previously too.

Lenovo Fingerprint Software for Windows 7 (32-bit) version 3.3.0.58

Hopefully this helps you - will certainly let you know if I have any luck with the WWAN and Access Connections.

cheers

What's DOS?
dionj

Hi, anyone found the solution for this WAN issue? i can't make it work as well .....

Paper Tape
sonydude23

Were you able to get this resolved?

I had a lengthy conversation with Lenovo support about this issue... I literally installed the drivers 10 times to no avail...

Is there any ThinkVantage Access Connections expert out there...

Paper Tape
sonydude23

And the GPS drivers...

Ctrl-Alt-Del
vegemitekid

sonydude23 wrote:

And the GPS drivers...

Still no joy with the wwan nor being able to update the GPS. Must admit I haven't been too worried about the GPS but it makes sense that it will not work either as it is probably dependent on the wwan to operate.