Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
lain1289

T400 Wireless Capability Keeps Turning Off!

For some reason the wireless Capability is turned off sometimes,

when I tried to search for wireless networks, it said that no networks are found even though I turned my wireless adapter on.  When diagosed, it says that my wireless capability is turned off. 

This happens randomly and I don't know what is wrong,

can somebody help?

Punch Card
Tirith

Re: T400 Wireless Capability Keeps Turning Off!

This happens to me, and its somewhat madding. Its a combo of not finding a wifi network to auto connect to and your power settings. If your in 'Energy Star' mode for instance, if it can't find a wireless network in X amount of time it just turns it off.  Try setting to 'Max Performance' and see if thats the issue.  I also recall seeing somewhere, can't recall off the top of my head if its Power mtg or wireless mtg that it can disable the wireless card to save power.  So far, I have never notice this happing when un AC power.  Although I don't often use wireless when on AC power.
Fanfold Paper
Bel_Ludovic

Glad I'm not the only one. This happens to me too. I usually use the Windows diagnostics and repair facility, which tells me 'wireless is not switched on' (or words to that effect), and then fixes the problem by switching wireless back on. Still, it would be nice if it didn't happen in the first place.
What's DOS?
EagleKing

I had the same problem.  Here's how I solved it.

- Press the blue ThinkVantage key

- From "Resource Center" menu, click "Wireless" and then "Find Wireless Networks".  The Access Connections window will pop up

- Go to "Options" tab and uncheck the "Allow the wireless LAN radio to be turned off when inactive." box

Good luck.

What's DOS?
thebrattonbear

EagleKing,

You are a god. I cannot thank you enough. 

-The Bear

What's DOS?
jlemus85

Just tried the above suggested by eagle, I hope this works because this irritates me on almost a daily basis!!!

Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

The lesson here is that you can only have one wireless client software active.

If you want to use Windows to manage wireless, then uninstall Access Connections.

If you want to use Access Connections, don't create wireless connections through Windows, use Access Connections.  When Access Connections attempts to connect, it automatically turns on the wireless radio.  Windows wireless does not.

What's DOS?
jkoch

Thanks so much this had been happening to me as well and i finally searched how to fix it and found this!  Something similar also happened on another computer of mine and i found it was because the wifi card would turn off if it wasnt in use - in case anyone is stil having problems, go to the device manager and click on the properties of the wifi card and check the power management tab.

HDMI
joer80

I have the same problem, but I have a t500.  Nothing I do fixes it, but a reboot.  :smileysad:

Thinkpad T500 - Intel Core2 P8400 (2.26GHz), 4 gigs of ram, 160GB/7200rpm hard drive, ATI 3650 GPU, WSXGA+ panel
HDMI
joer80

Mine just did it again.. I know it is not power related, because it does it while I am working.  I try turning my switch off and back on, I try disconecting and reconnecting, nothing works.  :\  Reboot fixed it though...

Thinkpad T500 - Intel Core2 P8400 (2.26GHz), 4 gigs of ram, 160GB/7200rpm hard drive, ATI 3650 GPU, WSXGA+ panel