Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
mpw157

T400 Wireless Intermittent

I just received this T400 and everytime I boot up, it connects to my wireless network but in a few minutes, it loses connectivity and I have to power the radio off and back on to reconnect.  It shows I'm still connected but nothing works on the wireless connection.

I have had this network for years and my old T43 never had this problem.  I have two laptops and a desktop on the network, so it's not as if I haven't been using wireless for a long time.

This T400 will not stay connected and I'm getting tired of it already after only 3 days.

What's up with this?

Yes, I have updated it with Lenovo and keep all drivers updated to the latest.  The only thing I have added is Office Pro and the usual Norton Internet Security program, both of which I've been using on all my machines for years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick

mpw157

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,203
Solutions: 1,278

Re: T400 Wireless Intermittent

go into your system property under control panel, then click on driver property of the wireless card.

Make sure you don't let the windows shut off the wireless card for power saving, also make sure you select roaming aggressiveness to low, power output to high.

Try this first and see how it goes.  

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
What's DOS?
mpw157

Thanks,

I have done as you suggested and we'll see what happens.  I never noticed that Windows could turn off that device down to save power.  I'm going to check my T43 and see what it says about that.

Hopefully this works, otherwise I'm sending this thing back.

Patrick

Serial Port
france

Thanks. I had the same problem and you solution worked for me.

Greetings

Paper Tape
rickrice

I am trying this to see if it helps my problem as well.  What means "roaming aggressiveness"?   Mine has "roaming sensitivity level" which I have on "high", assuming that to be the receiver sensitivity.  Thanks

-rr

Ctrl-Alt-Del
jason111neo

t400 and w500 thinkpads all come in power manager right? Then the problem lies with that. I will always reset to power saver and it is rather irritating.
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,203
Solutions: 1,278

roaming sensitivity to low
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft