Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
jsolomin

T400 - frozen mouse and keyboard after waking from standby

I'm experiencing a very annoying problem on my T400 with Win XP Professional SP3:  around 75% of the time, when I wake up my T400 from standby mode, the mouse and keyboard don't work.  Actually what happens is one of these situations:

1) Neither keyboard nor mouse (stick and pad) respond - Ctrl-Alt-Del to enter username/password is not registered, I can't log into Windows

2) Keyboard works (I can log into windows) but mouse doesn't respond

I have to close the laptop to standby and re-open, repeatedly, until it finally works.  Though one interesting aspect is that if I have external USB keyboard and mouse plugged in, they always work.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thank you in advance!

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: T400 - frozen mouse and keyboard after waking from standby

Hello jsolomin and welcome to community,

Kindly update the BIOS and then check if the issue gets resolved.

BIOS Update (Bootable CD)

BIOS update utility for Windows 32-bit

BIOS update utility for Windows 64-bit

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Blue Screen Again
jsolomin

Re: T400 - frozen mouse and keyboard after waking from standby

Thanks for the tip -- where can I find instructions on how to do this?  Do I run the EXE utility or do I burn the CD image and boot from that?