Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
cameon2001

T400 problem - I can't boot my computer at all

Yesterday, I accidentally pulled out the power supply of my lenovo t400 (without battery with it). Usually, it is able to boot again.

However this time, the computer couldn't boot at all, there is only a blank screen after pressing the power button.

it turns on the power status and the sideway "z" light only and stays in that way forever.

I tried to boot it from a recovery disk I created before, but still it doesn't work.

Is it a hard disk problem? Or did I damage any hardware when i pulled out the power supply?

Thanks!

Cameron

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: T400 problem - I can't boot my computer at all

try to take the ram and start the laptop without it, does it beep?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
cameon2001

Hi, there

I have tried taking out the rams and boot again.

Sadly it doesn't beep

Cameron

Community Moderator
richk

unplug it and pull out the battery. Press the power button a few times and hold it for 5 seconds the last time. Put the battery back; plug it in and try again. This will reset everything and drain any capacitors.
Paper Tape
cameon2001

Thanks for the suggestion , but it still doesn't work.

Only the sideway "z" light and the power light is on.

What does the light on the left hand side of the sideway "z" light mean? Should it be turnt on ?

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

cameon2001 wrote:

What does the light on the left hand side of the sideway "z" light mean? Should it be turnt on ?

That's the drive activity LED.

Last ditch try: pull the CMOS backup battery.  Under the keyboard, I think.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
cameon2001

is there anyone from lenovo to help?

Or does anyone where could I find help from lenovo?

Maliha

cameon2001 wrote:

is there anyone from lenovo to help? 

Even though there is lenovo presence on the forum, but this is not official support channel, it's just a user-to-user community.

cameon2001 wrote:

Or does anyone where could I find help from lenovo?

If you're under warranty you can contact lenovo support:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=migr-4hwse3

Based on your symptoms, it's appears like a hardware problem.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Bit Torrent
Vince69

If the laptop doesn't beep when you boot without RAM the motherboard is dead. The only way is to get it change.

Just remember the battery act like a surge protector. Somehow when you unplug the battery you fried a fuse because the battery wasn't in place.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

What's DOS?
emmanuelc6

My Laptop also can't start

I used my Lenovo Laptop without AC-DC adapter, only battery till it was 0% and it switched it self off meaning that the battery was empty. At that time my external hard drive was connected to the computer. When I returned home I plugged it into power but no light came, since that time it is not charging and it can’t be switched on. Even removing battery and connecting it to AC can’t work. It’s just off and can’t switch on. What might have happened? What should I do? The any suggestions, or advice please, I have lots of very important stuff in there and I need it ASAP HELP PLEASE HELP!!!

Emmanuel