Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
watersss

T400 problem with touchpad driver

I recently reformatted my hard drive on my t400 thinkpad and re-installed from the windows 7 disk and Lenovo utilities disk. It seems though that there are a lot of drivers missing. For instance the mute button does not work consistently and the thinkvantage button does not work ever. I have tried going online to download the application that figures out what you need to download, but it doesn't work.

The most frustrating part of it is that the touch-pad driver cannot be installed. i have tried to install it from a direct download online, but the touch-pad does not show up in my devices. I am sick of this because I want to disable the tap to click function. Often i accidentally bump the pad and it causes the cursor to click in frustrating places. It often happens when I am typing and beyond anything it is just a nuisance. Why does the drive refuse to install, and why won't the updated drivers for the rest of my computer install correctly the first time around? (I have had to reinstall such drivers as the power manager, and thinkvantage toolbox from separate online downloads)

Guru
ExJamJus

Re: T400 problem with touchpad driver

watersss,

How I normally do when I rebuilt the laptop using a retail Win 7, I would just install it normally in x64 then once boot normally into Windows. I would then install the LAN driver first, once that is done, plug the LAN cable in then install ThinkVantage System Update.

Run ThinkVantage System Update and let it do it's magic.
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Fanfold Paper
watersss

Re: T400 problem with touchpad driver

The thing is that I did that, almost to a point and it didnt install all the drivers.