Do you mean 
Punch Card
RocketDude

T400s BIOS 1.12 Posted

Just wanted to let everyone know that Lenovo Posted T400s BIOS 1.12

Summary of Changes:

Version 1.12-1.01
BIOS: 1.12 / ECP: 1.01

• (New) Improved handling Hard Disk Password of 2nd HDD. This is able to unlock it during resume.
  • (New) Always On USB default setting in BIOS Setup Utility is changed to "Enabled".
  • (New) Added support for Intel Boot Agent version 1.3.36.
  • (New) Added comment in BIOS Setup Utility that Intel VT-d must be enabled for the Intel TXT.
  • (New) Added a setting of Computrace function with SRCMOS utility.
  • (New) Added support for 1600x900 screen resolution on an external monitor.
  • (New) MRC 2.91 updated.
  • (Fix) Fixed an issue Integrated Camera isn't enabled by WMI after first boot.
  • (Fix) Fixed an issue Intel MEBx mightn't work well.
  • (Fix) Fixed an issue System failure might happen when 2nd HDD adapter is installed.
RocketDude
---------------------------
T400s 2801-CTO
Token Ring
wesleyyin

Re: T400s BIOS 1.12 Posted

Thank you!

Paper Tape
Zjemi

My T400S came with BIOS version 1.06.  I've done a clean install upgrade to Win 7 and except for a struggle to get the fingerprint sensor to work (successful) the machine seems to work well.

Should I upgrade to BIOS version 1.12 or wait until something goes wrong or until the BIOS version has been around a while?

Thanks for any advice from BIOS-wise folk.

Paper Tape
aiwp8

Hi,

I don't think you should.

After upgrading my firmware to 1.12-1.02, my sound is no longer working. I am using the T400S (2801-CTO) with Windows 7 64-bit OS. Now, I'm having a lot of problems as I don't hear sound from any of the speakers unless I connect to the headphone jack...

Blue Screen Again
andrew_4_life

Are you sure it was  1.12-1.02? Because funnily enough the change was:

-(Fix) Fixed an issue where the speaker might not work well.

Ha, perhaps they meant, "Fixed an issue where the speaker might work."

Well, seems fixed to me now that your speakers don't work. :smileyvery-happy:

Serial Port
damonlynch

aiwp8 wrote:

After upgrading my firmware to 1.12-1.02, my sound is no longer working. I am using the T400S (2801-CTO) with Windows 7 64-bit OS. Now, I'm having a lot of problems as I don't hear sound from any of the speakers unless I connect to the headphone jack...

That problem is a hardware problem. According to informatino from the Lenovo staff posted elsewhere in this discussion forum, the 1.12 bios stops the emergence of this hardware problem.  So it seems like a tragic coincidence that your problem became visible at precisely the same time you flashed the bios. In this case, it was too late.

BTW I have had the speaker problem fixed a couple of times now and it came back again. I have flashed the new bios and when I send it off to get fixed again, I hope it will be for the last time, now the BIOS fix is in place.