Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Botta

Re: T400s No Sound

Happy New Year to everyone!

My right speaker died also... so i will not bother you anymore with CPU temps, at least not in this thread :smileyhappy: Anyway i am waiting for the new ones

Serial Port
damonlynch

Has anyone had their speakers repaired and then not had any problems after that? I had both my speakers repaired on a brand new t400s, only to have the left speker die again within a few weeks after what can only be described as very light use.

I'm beginning to get the feeling the machine is a lemon. The LAN has never worked (and in an attempt to fix that particular problem, the technician managed to swap in a motherboard with a slower CPU!!).

Punch Card
ThinkpadT400s

I just received my T400s yesterday, the first time I turn it on, it has no sound. How sad that is. We spend so much money on a Mercedes, and we don't want it performs like a 2nd hand motor-cycle.

I'm gonna call Lenovo today.

Punch Card
ThinkpadT400s

[ Edited ]

My T400s has no sound since day one. That is a DOA situation. I took my laptop to our local Lenovo store to see if it is a quick fix. After the diagnose, they told me they need to replace my speakers and motherboard.

I don't want to replace the motherboard, that is a brand new computer!

Does anybody have an experience of exchanging?

Or anyone here works closely with Lenovo could help me?

Paper Tape
warren64c

So here we go.  My T400s, two weeks old, has failed speakers.  Lenovo is shipping it back for repair next week.  Sounds like a big design problem. 

I spent a few extra dollars for this laptop becasue I wanted a road durable machine.  Too bad the speaker issue is souring my taste for it.  I hope they can make an on the fly change on whatever is causing this behavior.

Punch Card
ThinkpadT400s

It looks like it is a design problem, the motherboard causes all those un-expected problems, such as no sound, random shut down. I'm guessing Lenovo is making some progress now, T400s and T410s are currently disappear from the official website. Hopefully I could get an exchange on that DOA situation.

Token Ring
VPN-User

[ Edited ]

There is a new BIOS available that might fix the problem (Luckily, I never experienced it anyway)

Version 1.12-1.02
BIOS: 1.12 / ECP: 1.02

• (Fix) Fixed an issue where the speaker might not work well.
HDMI
houtsma

VPN-User wrote:

There is a new BIOS available that might fix the problem (Luckily, I never experienced it anyway)

Version 1.12-1.02

Funny. "where the speaker might not work well" by which they mean "where the speaker is blown up" ;-)

Or it's a different problem they fixed....

Anyway, luckily i didn't experience that either.

--

jan

--- Lenovo Thinkpad t440p (20AN-CT01WW) + SAMSUNG MZ7TD512HAGM-000L1 SSD + 16G SDRAM + 14.0FHD 1920x1080 ---
Punch Card
UberSteve

Version 1.12-1.02

LOL, a BIOS/ECP update is not going to fix this!

Token Ring
VPN-User

Okay let' s call it 'may prevent the problem from occuring' then.