Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jagger27

T410 Extremely Annoying Audio Issues

I've had this laptop for two days now, and I have been experiencing an audio issue that resembles switching between mono and stereo or losing a signal on FM radio (without the white noise, though).

When playing a game like Civilization 4, the audio seems to cut out in one channel or the other (never both). This happens with my headphones and the internal speaker. Updating the audio drivers seemed to make it worse.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Specs:

T410

Core i7 620M

NVS 3100M

4GB RAM

Bluetooth

Lenovo Wireless

WXGA+

128GB SSD

Paper Tape
jagger27

Re: T410 Extremely Annoying Audio Issues

Not even a comment. Bump.

Paper Tape
jagger27

:smileysad: bump.

Paper Tape
erroriam

I have this problem too, with Civilization IV as well. And on certain MP3s I have the same issue comes up. The latest drivers didn't help...

Paper Tape
erroriam

jagger, I went to sound properties and then to the communications tab. From there I saw that there was a setting that reduced volume when the computer thinks communication is going on or something, and I turned that off. It seems to have at least for now fixed my problems. :smileyhappy:

Blue Screen Again
T410er

I have the same laptop and have been experiencing the same issues.  The sound will randomly change quality, from stereo to mono, with a large decrease in quality.  It happens in video, games, audio with winamp/windows media player, and with both the speakers and headphones. 

I have already disabled the setting which changes volume when communications happen with no result.  It's not a change in volume that is the problem, it is a change in quality.

I've updated to the latest drivers with no result.  I don't see a newer bios to try. 

I have the same system as the original poster, except with the 500gb 7200rpm drive rather than the SSD.  I work with music all the time and this is driving me crazy.  Any suggestions?

Fanfold Paper
jjahn

T410 win 7 x64 - Sound with music application (Ableton live) is bad...

[ Edited ]

hi, I have my new T 410 with win 7 x64.

I am using Ableton Live music app with an external USB Soundcard - all great.

Listen to music with internal Soundcard (via any app like winamp - mp3 or CD ) is all great

Now , when I use my Laptop without external USB soundcard with ableton live - the sound is crappy low and there is some "noise"

Not really fun to draft concepts for new peace of music...

But I need to use it also when I am SOMWHERE without my USB Soundcard around to do something when the muse is close!

Any Idea what I could do ?

I already tried asio4all - not better ....;(

pls help

best regards,

jjahn

Blue Screen Again
masterllama

Re: T410 win 7 x64 - Sound with music application (Ableton live) is bad...

hey bro,

i'm a professional producer and dj, and i've been having similar problems.

the issue seems to come down to DPC latency.  there is a flaw with the video drivers causing problems, and lenovo won't fix it.

you can try using a dpc latency checker to see if you're getting spikes as well, just google for it.

i'm surprised you're able to use your usb soundcard well, mine works but it drops out every couple minutes.

Paper Tape
teo_jimmy

I have the same problem.. Can someone help us?

Fanfold Paper
svenb352

I am having the exact same issues.  I just got this computer through work today and the sound is very muffled, very quiet, and it keeps switching from Stereo to Mono for no reason.  I tried the fix the one poster put on this site and it doesn't help at all.  The volume is very low even at maximum settings and you can hear a lot of background stuff (like the hard drive clicks, hiss, etc.).

Help?