Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
simsung

Re: T410 Extremely Annoying Audio Issues

i found a very easy solution for the audio problem. I just bought an extern audio cart for 20€  and it works perfect now!

Serial Port
robodelfy

Hi,

Im sorry simsung, but this is not a solution, it may give you better results than before.  I spent a ridiculous amount of money on an RME fireface UC, almost as much as the computer and im still getting DPC latency spikes, and its directly related to the nivida graphics card drivers. 

They can be re written to get rid of these spikes, or maybe even some custom drivers so that the spikes could go and maybe there would be no graphics card power management.

When doing audio work, we dont need high end graphics, so just having the native resolution is enough, nothing flashy, I heard of some generic drivers butu nobdy has posted back about them?

Blue Screen Again
T410er

Simsung, which problem are you talking about?  The poor audio quality/mono fluctuation problem that started the thread, or the DPC Latency issue that's taken over?

Blue Screen Again
masterllama

for many, those two issues are related.  either way, both need to be fixed...in a somewhat timely manner

Paper Tape
simsung

Its relating to the main topic

"

When playing a game like Civilization 4, the audio seems to cut out in one channel or the other (never both). This happens with my headphones and the internal speaker. Updating the audio drivers seemed to make it worse."

i dont have any problems anymore.

Fanfold Paper
leortez

i have the problem with the dpc latency and I dont hav ethe nvidia graphics ive got the intel hd video, ive been looking everywhere to fix this, but i think theres is no certain solution, im wondering if this could be hardware problem?? or just the drivers dont work well? this is truly driving me crazy my labtop is 1 month old and it presents this huge poblem... how can we talk directly to lenovo to solve this problem, ive been trying to find a way to talk to lenovo or chat but it's impossible to get to tech assistance that could put hands on the problem... this is terrible customer service :smileyfrustrated:
Serial Port
robodelfy

Ive had an email about the problem, but basically asking me the same questions we've all been asked and have answered over and over again. 

They work for lenovo, surely they have a load of lenovo laptops, just get DPC latency checker and see for yourself!! 

I dont understand, it either seems like skirting around the problem, or that nobody at lenovo has a clue whats going on/.

Fanfold Paper
leortez

this is truly messing with the people, cause this is not a new issue, ive been reading around the forum and t61 has problems with latency... how come such an old problem havent got a fix yet... I'm beginning to think this brand is trash overall :smileyfrustrated:
Blue Screen Again
T410er

Simsung, yeah, I have an external audio card too that I use for music production. It doesn't suffer from the same problem (though I haven't actually tried to do music production with the laptop yet, so I may encounter the latency issue discussed by the others in the thread).  However, it's a huge EMU 0404 USB device and lugging it around with my laptop is not really the solution I'm looking for.  The internal sound should work properly for simple things like listening to music, watching videos and playing games.

Retired Employee
JameZ

Hi All,

Engineering has provided the following drivers for test for this audio issue. Please take note that this is for test only and does not specifically mentioned that it will fix this audio issue however we would appreciate if everyone could download this new GPU driver, try it on the machine and see if it helps curb the issue.

I would appreciate everyone's feedback on this and will cascade your feedbacks to engineering.

Software name      NVIDIA Display Driver

Support models     ThinkPad T410, T410i
                   ThinkPad T510, T510i
                   ThinkPad W510

Operating System   Microsoft Windows 7  32-bit / 64-bit
  Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models support which Operating Systems. Versions 8.17.12.5738 (Graphics) 1.0.15.0 (Audio) Support devices NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M NVIDIA NVS 3100M

Win 7 32-bit
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6md536ww.txt
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6md536ww.exe

Win 7 64-bit
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6md636ww.txt
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6md636ww.exe

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3