Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
Binarycrab
Accepted Solution

T410 Hardisk disk not readable on other PCs

Hi, I have a hardisk that I used as a backup PC on my previous T61 in a hdd bay.

I am able to read/write to it using my current T410 laptop, via USB/esata in enclosure and in the harddrive bay. Options in BIOS show both hard disk passwords disabled when used in the HDD bay.

Problem is that it does not show up when used in enclosure or via connection to motherboard on another PC? I reckon I did not dissable the Hard disk 2 password prior to selling on the T61? That being the case, why is it still showing Harddisk disabled in the BIOS options? and  how do I go about disabling this? I have all the passwords from my previous T61but not able to have access to it as it was sold on.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Maliha

Re: T410 Hardisk disk not readable on other PCs

Hi,

I think the only solution is to put the drive in your old T61/ or same model and remove the password from there. See Ken's post here:- http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Can-t-remove-HDD-password/m-p/254821#M10137

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Serial Port
Binarycrab

Thanks for the tip Maliha, Lenovo should consider security comaptibility in a particular series of models, as an absolute minimum!

Guru
ColonelONeill

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the HDD spin-up password is tied not just to the model, but the exact motherboard so it prevents someone who knows the password but does not have the original laptop from running the disk easily.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/700/1400, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase