Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
ashenkin

T410 - Install NVIDIA & Intel HD drivers, or just install Optimus drivers?

Hi Folks,

I'm entirely confused about which drivers I should install.  Do I install NVIDIA and Intel HD drivers separately?  Or, do I just install Optimus drivers when they come out?  Or do I install all 3?

thanks,

alex

T410 2516-CTO

Optimus graphics, NVIDIA NVS 3100M with integrated intel HD

sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

Re: T410 - Install NVIDIA & Intel HD drivers, or just install Optimus drivers?

I would like to share with you that you need to update both drivers, first you need to update the Intel HD and then NVIDIA graphics software of your notebook from the below mentioned web link.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

After this, please restart the notebook and check if the issue resolved.

Regards,
Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Blue Screen Again
ashenkin

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.  However, the Intel drivers don't install properly.  See http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Intel-HD-driver-install-fails/m-p/708209 .

Guru
ColonelONeill

Erm. The NVIDIA Optimus package includes Intel drivers.

My recommendation is to install the latest Lenovo available NVIDIA package, then install the latest NVIDIA package on top of that.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Blue Screen Again
ashenkin

[ Edited ]

I'm a bit confused: you say to install Lenovo NVIDIA, then install NVIDIA.  Do you mean to install the Lenovo NVIDIA, then go to NVIDIA's website and install their version of Optimus on top of it?

If I am to get it from NVIDIA, which "Quadro" download would you recommend?  ODE, Performance, Partner Certified, Mosaic, Mercury Transmit, etc...

thanks!

Blue Screen Again
ashenkin

OK - I'm having MAJOR issues with installing the new driver.  Whenever I try to install the NVIDIA Optimus driver, all seems to go fine, but upon reboot, my Intel driver isn't working (little yellow caution sign in the device manager).  The Device Status is as follows:

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

I've tried uninstalling all drivers, reinstalling, rebooting, numerous times.  I've tried installing as administrator.  I've tried everything.  Nothing works.  My display is barely usable at the moment.

I'm so frustrated with Lenovo's drivers.  Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Blue Screen Again
ashenkin

what a mess. here's what i did, and where i am.

i booted into integrated graphics (via BIOS), did an update driver on the display device, pointed to the Intel subfolder in the Optimus installation package, and the driver installed correctly. Then, booted back into Optimus (via BIOS), installed the Lenovo Optimus driver, and everything seems fine. Except for one thing: I don't have access to the Intel HD configuration utility.

Ugh. Any ideas about how to get that thing installed now?

I've been on the phone with Lenovo support twice. They've been pretty much useless, though one of the techs inspired me to boot into Integrated mode (though he had me boot into discrete mode - so he only gets minor credit).

I'm surprised I'm the only having having driver-signing issues.  I figure I'll have to wait till the next Optimus release by Lenovo to have a chance to have my drivers installed properly.  Or, perhaps I can figure out a way to keep windows from complaining about unsigned drivers.

Anyone else have any other ideas?  Thanks for any assistance!