Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
chancath

T410 Keyboard Typically Won't Work: Computer Overheating and Shutting Down. Ocassional Blue Screen

I had my computer for less than 2 years and already had to get my computer fixed twice: first for the keypad having a dragging arrow  and secondly for the fan noise. I ordered the model from China.

My current problem is that the keyboard won't work on my laptop, but I am able to move my cursor and turn on my computer. I am unable to click on to open internet browers but I am able to click on the power off button. I noticed my computer has been hotter than usual, so I think the problem with my keyboard might related to my fan.

A couple days ago my computer shutdown in the middle of watching something on YouTube and the comptue rebooted with a black screen saying fan error and stuck keyboard.

Does anyone know what the problem is with my computer? Should I completely replace my comptuer with a different model?

Guru
ExJamJus

Re: T410 Keyboard Typically Won't Work: Computer Overheating and Shutting Down. Ocassional Blue Scre

Was using the T410 (Integrated) for 2 years and it was nice ... did not have any fan issues...

Try booting to BIOS and leave the laptop on and see if would shut down... Might be a fan issue or too much dust clogs?
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Token Ring
Kicker774

Re: T410 Keyboard Typically Won't Work: Computer Overheating and Shutting Down. Ocassional Blue Scre

These are 2 VERY common issues with the T410

Sounds like your lucky enough to be getting both at the same time.

1st issue CPU Fan - Yes after 1/5 - 2 years some dust may be in there but if you havn't had the repalced before you more than likely have the older FRU 45M2722 defective fan. 

http://www.notebookparts.com/images/fullsize/45M2722_fs.jpg

If your still under warranty call Lenovo to get the fan replaced with 45M2724 seen here:

http://laptop-dvd-drivers.com/images/l/201106/13087468080.jpg

If you have the later model already you may need to add some thermal grease to help disperse the heat.

2nd issue Keyboard - Early model T410 units suffered from an issue where the keyboard ribbon was getting pinched or grinded on every so slightly by a rough edge on the internal skeleton.

Lenovo resolved this by placing some tape over that rough edge as well as on the keyboard ribbon.

If your under warranty have Lenovo re-service the unit.

If your out of warranty I would push Lenovo to still cover these defects they are well aware of.

If not, their not to hard to resolve if your handy with a screw driver and I coudl walk you through the process if needed.