Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
TinyRK

Re: T410 - LED backlight turns off as soon its plugged in and battery threshold warning pops up

Negative.

I am sending it in for th 3rd time.
If it is not fixed I am eligable for a new laptop.

@CorgyG:
A battery is there to be used. If I give a presentation and my battery runs down to <10% and my screen goes dark I look like an idiot (well, I do anyways :smileyvery-happy:), but all I say is: "well, sorry folks, that's a Lenovo-issue!"

And in a business-environment we give a darn about batteries. If it is dead, we'll replace it. But this issue here just pisses me off.

Especially since there is no solution, just a workaround. And your "solution" is the worst one :smileywink:
SCSI Port
TinyRK

Re: T410 - LED backlight turns off as soon its plugged in and battery threshold warning pops up

And just as a reminder to shiow that it's a hardware-issue...

It even happens when you're in the BIOS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnt76yTPPoM

SCSI Port
TinyRK

My T410 is on the way back. Should have it tomorrow. We'll see if it's fixed. Otherwise I'll send it back again.

SCSI Port
TinyRK

I received my T410 back.
It seems like the issue has been fixed.

With the same old Windows-Installation I used before I was not able to reproduce the problem.

I will monitor it, since I don't trust this yet.

But I have to say: I called Thursday evening. Friday the box has been delivered. I dropped my T410 off at UPS the very same Friday, and my laptop was back the next Friday. So a 5 business-day turnaround is great.

Thanks Lenovo/ IBM EasyServ...
SCSI Port
TinyRK

OK,

still not fixed!

AGAIN, new MoBo, and the problem is still present!

Let's pick it up again, dear lenovo!

And a "workaround" is not acceptable, I want a solution.

What is it with the lemon-law? 

SCSI Port
TinyRK

Waiting for the 4th box. 

Issue stil present...

Checked everything with Linux, Win XP, Win 7...  

Anyways,

here is a new video to explain the issue

http://youtu.be/zC-KdJQiW0w

Blue Screen Again
tongyang

up。。。
Blue Screen Again
tongyang

up ....

Retired Employee
JameZ

@tongyang,

Anything I can help you with?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

SCSI Port
TinyRK

You can help me getting my T410 fixed.

Currently on its way to Atlanta for the 5th time for this same issue.