Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
forrestjames

Re: T410/T510 DisplayPort features audio!!

Hi 

I have the same model, and was wondering if you could send a link to the type of cable you bought to get the audio to work?

Thanks!

Forrest

yfg
What's DOS?
yfg

There was no audio via displayport-hmdi to a TV for my first  try. From Control Panel there is a SmartAudio tool for my T510 model, which allows you switch audio from default to HDMI by clicking. After switching the audio, The displayport cable can carry both video and audio to my HD TV set. Hope it helps.

What's DOS?
curtmp

Thanks  -- this is the solution I needed.

Curt

Lenovo Employee
hjlocker

[ Edited ]

The T410 does support audio over DisplayPort to HDMI HDTV's. The problem is you have to use a DP to HDMI cable that also passes the audio signals as many DP to HDMI cables don't. If you use the right cable the posts in this blog to get sound from your TV will work. If you use the wrong cable than the notebook does not see the TV speakers and you can't get it to work like all of the blogs.

So make sure you buy a cable that clearly supports audio over the cable.

Fanfold Paper
jcil4ever

A Cable that Works and One that Doesn't...

Hi,

Reading this forum was really helpful in getting my ThinkPad and TV to work right, specifically sending both video and audio through the DisplayPort. Thanks for your posts.

Just wanted to add my luck with two cables. This was the first cable I tried--could only get video to work with it. I tired this cable next and it works perfectly (so far...just got it tonight)--both video and (stereo) audio.

I'm connecting my ThinkPad T410 (2522W7N with NVIDIA NVS 3100M, Windows 7 Pro 64) to Panasonic TC-L32X2 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV.

Thanks again

Paper Tape
jesperernst

Hi YFG, I'm brand new in this Forum and very interested in getting the DP on my T510 (XP Prof, SP3) to transmit sound.

I have a Connexant SmartAudio => Codec Model CX 20585, and sound driverversion 3.66.147.0

Still I am no able to change the sound to be transported via HDMI. How did yuo do it ? By using Win7 or another trick :-)

Paper Tape
jesperernst

Hi YFG, I'm brand new in this Forum and very interested in getting the DP on my T510 (XP Prof, SP3) to transmit sound.

I have a Connexant SmartAudio => Codec Model CX 20585, and sound driverversion 3.66.147.0

Still I am no able to change the sound to be transported via HDMI. How did yuo do it ? By using Win7 or another trick :-)
Paper Tape
jesperernst

Did you have Win7 when you tried both cables ? I was wondering if the OS could be factor that does the trick in stead of the cables ? I am using XP and doesn't get the sound. My technicians at work tell me that with a T510 the trroubles are gon when they give me Win7.....I'm crossing fingers
Fanfold Paper
jcil4ever

yep, both were under win 7

Paper Tape
jesperernst

In general all DP / HDMI cabels ought to be able to transport both sound and visuals, so how can you be sure that you have the rigth cable before actuallu testing it ? Im pretty sure alle vendows will say that the cable is allright upfront :-) Do you know of any idefiable numbers on the cable or other kinds of ID's that will give a clue ??