Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
jcil4ever

Re: T410/T510 DisplayPort features audio!!

I think it has to do with different versions, but am not sure. The descriptions of the products that I linked on Amazon have changed since I bought them. neither was super clear, but the one that worked explicityly mentioned sound would work. Heck, the one I got that didn't work now says "DisplayPort offers full digital audio support (up to eight channels) in the same cable as video." So, not sure how much faith you cna put in the descriptions. I just discovered the DisplayPort official site; you might want to try there. Some of the stores it links to might be more reliable than Amazon :smileyhappy:

Good luck!

Paper Tape
jesperernst

Thanx a lot - you may have saved my day - or at least my childrens
:-) - thay are very interested in getting videos from the web shown on a 40" TV
Fanfold Paper
dsigrist

I have gone thru the discussion (23 pages) on the need for audio to be passed thru the DisplayPort. Lenovo made it clear that they had no intention of supplying audio since no one else did at the time - even though it is part of the DisplayPort specs. Now that some time has passed and both DisplayPort and HDMI specifications have been updated (we now have HDMI 1.4), what can I expect from the W520? If I purchase the DP to HDMI adapter from Lenovo will it pass audio?
What's DOS?
rtalbert

Re: T510 Still missing audio on DisplayPort

T510 and Samsung 7000 series. UN55C7000 works! BUT!!! No audio when plugged into the bottom HDMI port designed for computer connection. Go figure.Digital  Audio and video work when plugged into any of the other HDMI ports.

What's DOS?
rtalbert

Oh! NVIDIA Ver. 3.3.452.15 Works great Display port to HDMI digital audio & video.

What's DOS?
h151

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Can someone please help me!

All my drivers are updated and my displayport-hdmi adapter can transfer audio.

WhenI connect my TV (Samsung LE40C750) the Nvidia HD output is listed in the sound control panel,

but I cannot enable it. It says it's not plugged in.

What do i wrong?? :smileysad:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2735/unled1kd.jpg

Moderator edit: Fixed link.

What's DOS?
bobvad

Hi YFB . Can you let me know how to Switch from Audio to HDMI ? I don't see that option in that tool . ( Right now I am at work and I am not connected to my Monitor nor did the DP to HDMI adapator cable are connected)