Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bak6020

Re: T410 Odd Issue w/ Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit)

Same issue on T410s Win7 64-bit with same driver. Anyone out there at Lenovo support ever considering to solve this problem or to get in touch with Intel? If one cannot even work properly with one of the most common business software products such as MS Office, I would suggest to change the advertisement strategy of these notebooks. They are certainly not fit for business use.

Paper Tape
bak6020

Just got in touch with Lenovo support. The answer given was that they deem this forum completely irrelevant and are not willing to even consider the problems discussed here. The lady said that this were an MS Office problem (!!!) and that Lenovo will not react to this symptom. So much for professional support - she could at least have faked interest.

Serial Port
CustomerX

[ Edited ]

This is absolutely unacceptable. If it is solely a Microsoft Office issue and not a Lenovo packaged Intel driver issue, Lenovo needs to get in contact with Microsoft and get it fixed for us users.

We may not see it based on the number of posts to this thread, but this issue has to be affecting the majority of users out there with MS Office (2007, 2010, and maybe ealier) and the integrated Intel HD Graphics.

The issue isn't that the selection changes colors; it is the fact that you can't tell what all is being selecting. It makes the simple task of selecting text into a choir that takes more time and focus than it should.

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

any resolution to the issue besides changing baack to the intel drivers? i really don't want to because for some reason the brightness settings are weird when i install the intel drivers. for example, whenever i set a brightness level in power maanger, the brightness setting returns to original setting wheenver i restart.

Serial Port
Patryk

[ Edited ]

The old intel hd drivers available from Lenovo not only cause text selection corruption but also short freeze (1-3 s) during hovering over live preview tabs in win7

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

yes that's what's been happening to me except i have an x201. i switched to the intel one and everything is fine but for some reason power manager won't remember my brightness setting after a restart. the lenovo driver does remember that.

Serial Port
CustomerX

So what can we do to get this problem fixed since Lenovo won't be helping us? I will try submitting this to Microsoft's Office support to see if I can get anywhere with it.

Serial Port
CustomerX

I think this newest graphics driver fixed the selection issue. I might be jumping the gun on this, but I can't reproduce the selection issues immediately after upgrading drivers. Can anyone else verify if this does or does not fix the issue for them?

Driver: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74432

Version: 8.15.10.2154
Release Date: 2010/08/06

Serial Port
Patryk

Yes, the updated driver remove text selection issue and freezing of taskbar preview thumbnails.

Congrats and thanks to Lenovo

No more issues with intel hd detected (so far) apart from lack of hardware acceleration in Autocad 2010 (but it's not firegl class card).

Blue Screen Again
kevinf

i also noticed something else. when i lower my brightness to 0 and than raise to 1, the screen sometime dims and than fades to 1. does this happen to everyone. it doesnt happen everytime so it might take a few tries. it does happen on my x201 but maybe you guys can give it a try on the t series laptops