Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
alee5789
Accepted Solution

T410 - UltraNav 15.1.19 - Alt + Tab hang on first swipe.

[ Edited ]

I am noticing that right after I use Alt-Tab to switch windows, my first swipe on the touchpad usually doesn't work.

This is frustrating since I do Alt-Tab all the time.

Any fix for this?

edit on topic to match discussion.

Punch Card
lexteo

Re: T410 / T400s : Touchpad hangs quite often (SynTPEnh.exe hangs at 50% CPU)

alee5789 you are right after alt-tab first swipe on the touch pad doesn't work :\ at first I was under the impression that this is just my imagination, but now I tasted it several times and it happens every time.
Lenovo T410, 2518EUG, Windows 7 Pro x64
Serial Port
erehsines

lexteo wrote:
alee5789 you are right after alt-tab first swipe on the touch pad doesn't work :\ at first I was under the impression that this is just my imagination, but now I tasted it several times and it happens every time.

I can confirm this as well

Token Ring
alee5789

Thank you guys.  I hope something will be done about this soon....

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

I'm unable to reproduce the the issue from my side. Using Win 7 with UltraNav 15.1.19 as well and also tested on XP.

After doing Alt - Tab and using the TouchPad. everything works fine and there was no hang on the first swipe.

What am I missing?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
lexteo

I can reproduce this using firefox4 and outlook 2010. Switch using alt-tab between them and then try using scroll swipe ( two fingers, movement up-down in the middle of the touch pad ) if you make a pause between the actions it works fine if you don't make a pause it doesn't work.
Token Ring
alee5789

Hi James,

I started writing a reply and was going to say that, after my keyboard had been replaced (two times was the charm) and all of the Smart Check Settings unchecked, this was the remaining issue.

Then I wondered if I did indeed uncheck all the Smart Check Settings.  That's when I tinkered with the only one I can't turn off...PalmCheck.

Voila!  If I set PalmCheck to minimum or close to minimum, I don't experience this issue.  However, I believe factory setting is near the maximum.

I have tested so much for Lenovo, I should be on its payroll :-)  I think Lenovo really needs to do much more testing before rolling out its products.  Especially with all these input device issues, which I thought (before I got my ThinkPad) was supposed to be ThinkPad's strong point.  It turns out, due to a variety of problems (defective hardware, bad drivers, bad settings), I have never had a worse experience with input devices in all my years of owning computers.  This is a fact, not an exaggeration....

At least I got this one finally figured out :-)

Token Ring
alee5789

I noticed the same...with two-finger swipes I had to move PalmCheck to minimum or very close to it for it to not lag.  With one-finger swipes I can get away with a middle range PalmCheck setting.

Let me know if this solves the problem for you.

Punch Card
lexteo

alee5789 you solution seems to make the touch pad more responsive but is not quite ok :smileyhappy:
About the amount of problems regarding bad drivers, settings and software coming with the new thinkpads I agree, this is the worse experience I've ever had.
Previously I had a Toshiba Portege M400, and I switched to thinkpad because of hardware quality problems.
Now the thinkpad is an awesome machine but from the point of view o a business man, i would not recommend it to any business owner.
The amount of time I lost solving problems I huge, it will soon be close to the time my old M400 was away for repairs and I'm not kidding !
Punch Card
calkenneth

I actually had this problem with both my Windows 7 home laptop and my Windows XP work laptop (which I just got yesterday - T410).

I remember that I had to roll the Ultranav version back on my Windows 7 machine to solve this problem.  I checked last night and I was still on version 13.2.4.12.

Try the 13.2.4.12 version and see if this makes it better for you.  It has already made a night and day difference for me.

Version 13.2.4.12

• [Important] Added end of support for Windows 2000 in the version 12.2.3.1
  • [Important] Added support for Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit.
  • (New) Support for scrolling on WindowsLive mail 2009.
  • (New) ThinkPad T400s driver convergence
  • (Fix) Corrected the installation instructions section in this README document.
  • (Fix) Improved rotate gesture.
  • (Fix) Touch pad does not work intermittently when inputting multi-touch gestures.
  • (Fix) Cursor stops tracking intermittently.