Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
pezza
Accepted Solution

T410 connection to Samsung 32" TV using DisplayPort to HDMI converter

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a T410 lenovo laptop and have just purchased a DisplayPort to HDMI converter so that I can have my laptop connected to my Samsung 32" TV.

I have also purchased a 4 port CubiQ CS1794 switch, to allow me to connect my PC and my work laptop using the same screen, keyboard and mouse.

I am having issues with the laptop, as when I have the settings set to "clone" and the lid of my laptop open, all seems to be fine, however as soon as I shut the lid OR switch the Display on the TV, the laptop goes blank and reboots.

I can only assume that the laptop display driver or DisplayPort is not capable of handling my TV.  As soon as I try to go in to the Resolution settings, it just restarts the laptop.

Problem is..could it also be the KVM switch?  I can't think why it would be, as my PC and Games Console all connect fine through this, and so does the laptop when in clone mode, it just seems to be when I give sole control to the TV that it doesn't like it.

I am wondering therefore if the graphics card/adapter on the laptop is just not good enough to handle the TV alone?

My Spec is:

Lenovo T410 - Intel Core i5 M520 @ 2.4GHz with 4GB RAM on 32-bit Operating System - Intel HD Graphics

Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone advise what would be causing this?

Thanks

Andrew

Fanfold Paper
pezza

Re: T410 connection to Samsung 32" TV using DisplayPort to HDMI converter

Anyone?  Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the graphics on the T410?

Thanks

Andrew

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

pezza wrote:

I am having issues with the laptop, as when I have the settings set to "clone" and the lid of my laptop open, all seems to be fine, however as soon as I shut the lid OR switch the Display on the TV, the laptop goes blank and reboots.

Going blank and rebooting is not a normal scenario.

Fanfold Paper
pezza

Hi All,

Just to update on this.  It turns out that it was the driver.

Upon checking the versions I seemed to be 2 behind the latest.  Whilst the latest one didn't seem to change much, the one before that had a fix described for a Display Splitter for Vista.

My laptop is running Windows 7, so I wasn't expecting it to work, but it fixed it :-)

I can now close the lid to transfer the display to my TV, and I can now select Screen resolution without it rebooting, so all's well that ends well, as they say!

Thanks

Andrew

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Hi

To resolve the mentioned issue , please try the following

1. Update the Bios  to latest

2. Update the Display drivers to latest

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-74582

I hope this helps