Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
msafi

Re: [T410] discrete gfx - Problem with Video Card and Windows Aero -anyone using 4Gb memory modules?

I been using the driver for some time too. It seems to have solved the crashing problem!

Paper Tape
Heino

Re: [T410] discrete gfx - Problem with Video Card and Windows Aero -anyone using 4Gb memory modules?

HI.

Since I upgradeed to 8.17.12.5738 yesterday, I've had 2 freezes.

The system log says:

Source: nvlddmkm

Event ID: 14

General:

\Device\Video5

CMDre 00000002 00000080 00000000 00000005 00000006

The screen flickers a couple of times red/black and then freezes. Can't use CTRL+ALT+DEL. Have to press powerbuttom!! :-(

Retired Employee
JameZ

Hi Heino,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Do try to uninstall the Nvidia GPU driver from Control Panel --> reboot --> install it again.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
Heino

Uninstall - reboot - reinstall  Did not help.

It happens every time the power options turn of the monitor. No suspend or standby  - only turn of monitor when I haven't been using my laptop for some time.

Regards

Heino

Retired Employee
JameZ

Hi Heino,

Have a TVSU update and Windows Update been done? If it's not, please ensure that you have done so.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
msafi

[ Edited ]

I have the new driver installed and yesterday...Aero crashed...In the very same way it used to crash prior to installing the new driver :smileysad:

Here's what happened:

I usually leave my laptop docked and turned on days on end. I was running a bunch of applications, Firefox browser, iTunes, Zend for Eclipse IDE, Internet Explorer (for testing web scripts), Apache web server, Mozy remote backup, Digsby instant messenger, and many others...While all of those apps were running, I decided to take a break and watch The Sopranos in 720p HD. So, I launched the video file with VLC and 10 minutes or so into the episode, the screen went blank and Aero crashed :smileysad:

Then the screen got restored, but I wish I took a screenshot to show you how messed up the screen looked after the Aero crash. Next time I will.

Paper Tape
Heino

Hi again.

Uninstalling Thinkvantage Power Manager seems to have done it for me.

No more crashes after monitor sleep.

Regards

Heino

Fanfold Paper
msafi

Why did everyone stop talking all of the sudden, did you guys install the new driver that JameZ linked to, has it solved your problem?

Punch Card
Pecka

Free from aero crashes here since the driver update.

But It did crash once due to "video hardware error" when leaving the computer plugged in on AC long enough to enter "system standby". So all may not be well yet. :/

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sportyqian

JameZ, this driver solved the Aero crash issue, but a new issue has arised--the DP port doesnt transmit audio sound to my TV ( I use a DP-HDMI coverter to connect my T410 with my TV, and it used to work just fine with the old lenovo driver