Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
rednasy

Re: [T410] discrete gfx - Problem with Video Card and Windows Aero -anyone using 4Gb memory modules?

Open C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\257.21\WinVista_Win7_64\International\Display\NVLT.inf file in notepad and change the following line (you can use Ctrl+F to find it) located in [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1] section from:

%NVIDIA_DEV.0A6C.01% = Section054, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A6C&SUBSYS_21C017AA

to

%NVIDIA_DEV.0A6C.01% = Section054, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A6C&SUBSYS_214217AA

If you give me you e-mail address I can send you moddified file.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sportyqian

Re: [T410] discrete gfx - Problem with Video Card and Windows Aero -anyone using 4Gb memory modules?

[ Edited ]

Rednasy, I think I deleted  C:\NVIDIA folder, 'cos I tought it was only for installation purpose. Where do I find this NVLT.inf file now?  

I found a NVLT.inf file at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvlt.inf_amd64_neutral_2c62dce76186f5b8    and there are two more NVLT.inf files located at similar directories( they all located at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\  but under different nvlt.inf_amd64_neutral_*^*%*&%&^% folders) .  Will it solve the problem if I modify these files?

Serial Port
rednasy

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sportyqian

[ Edited ]

so C;\Nvidia folder should not be deleted after installation?

Serial Port
rednasy

Look, when you run the installation file, it extracts its content to specified directory (by default the path I mentioned before) and launches setup application. You need to exit setup application when it launched for the first time. Modify file according to one of my previous posts and launch setup application once again.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
sportyqian

Thanks, Rednasy.

Retired Employee
JameZ

[ Edited ]

All,

Appreciate if those who are experiencing this issue could fill in the following "form" so we are able to narrow down and find a trend which could be causing this. Also this information is useful for our engineers for them to replicate the issue on their end.

• Model
  • BIOS version (Latest?)
  • OS loaded (ex. Win 7 64bit)
  • Lenovo default OS?
  • Issue happen on Battery / AC / Both?
  • Updates from TVSU completed?
  • Updates from Windows Updates?
  • Graphic card driver version
  • Power Manager Version
  • Power Management Driver
  • RAM installed (brand and 1 x 4gb, 1 x 2gb, 2 x 2gb?)
  • Any error notification before issue occurred?
  • 3rd party application installed before issue happen?
  • Any particular application which is running on the time this issue arises?
  • Running on battery? AC? Docked on station?
  • Are you able to recreate this issue again? If so, how?
  • Additional comments which you think might help.
  • Workaround which you are currently using, are there limitations when using these workarounds?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
Pecka

Tonight the driver crashed for me again, but this time in 32-bit Windows! Happened when I opened Lenovo Thinkvantage Tools from start menu. First short blank screen, then aero was turned off and on again quickly, and then error message stating driver failure.

• Model: T410i 2518-FNG
  • BIOS version: 1.12
  • OS loaded: Win 7 Pro 32-bit
  • Lenovo default OS: Yes
  • Issue happen on Battery / AC / Both: Battery
  • Updates from TVSU completed: Will send list if necessary.
  • Updates from Windows Updates: Se above.
  • Graphic card driver version: 8.16.11.8955
  • Power Manager Version: 3.25
  • Power Management Driver: 1.60.0.4
  • RAM installed: 2x2GB Micron (stock memory)
  • Any error notification before issue occurred?: No
  • 3rd party application installed before issue happen?:  NOD 32, Chrome, Outlook 2007, Spotify, CCleaner 
  • Any particular application which is running on the time this issue arises: No
  • Running on battery? AC? Docked on station?: Battery
  • Are you able to recreate this issue again? If so, how?: Seems random
  • Additional comments which you think might help: No external monitor connected, no mouse or keyboard. Error also accures in Win 7 Pro 64-bit retail.
  • Workaround: No
  •  

Serial Port
    rednasy

•Model: 2516-CTO
    •BIOS version: 1.15
    •OS loaded Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
    •Lenovo default OS: Yes
    •Issue happen on both Battery and AC
    •Updates from TVSU completed: yes (Except for BIOS)
    •Updates from Windows Updates: yes
    •Graphic card driver version: 8.16.11.8955
    •Power Manager Version: 3.25
    •Power Management Driver: 1.60.0.4
    •RAM installed 2 x 4GB (Samsung M471B5273BH1-CF8)
    •Any error notification before issue occurred: No
    •3rd party application installed before issue happen: It event happens on recovered to factory state laptop.
    •Any particular application which is running on the time this issue arises: I believe there's no connection between the issue and any particular application.
    •Running on battery? AC? Docked on station? : I had this issue happened when laptop was running on battery, on AC and docked.
    •Are you able to recreate this issue again? If so, how? Yes, just open many instances of notepad, when you open let's say 30-40 instances of notepad the aero will shut itself down.
    •Additional comments which you think might help.: Just try to launch as many instances of video memory hungry applications (that uses Windows Presentation Framwwork) to recreate issue.
    •Workaround which you are currently using, are there limitations when using these workarounds: I'm using NVIDIA drivers with modified .inf file. The only drawback for me is the absense of OSD when you change brightness level.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
    sportyqian

•Model                                                           T410 2522RT5

•BIOS version (Latest?)                             6IET58WW 1.18

•OS loaded (ex. Win 7 64bit)                     WIN7 64BIT

•Lenovo default OS?                                   no, default OS is DOS

•Issue happen on Battery / AC / Both?     BOTH

•Updates from TVSU completed?             Yes(except optional updates)

•Updates from Windows Updates?          yes

•Graphic card driver version                      8.16.11.8955

•Power Manager Version                            3.20

•Power Management Driver                        1.60.0.4
     •RAM installed (brand and 1 x 4gb, 1 x 2gb, 2 x 2gb?)  pre-installed 2x2gb

•Any error notification before issue occurred?    no

•3rd party application installed before issue happen?   no

•Any particular application which is running on the time this issue arises?    IE mostly

•Running on battery? AC? Docked on station?   AC

•Are you able to recreate this issue again?  If so, how?     yes, just open some windows, and then trigger AERO

•Additional comments which you think might help.    problem with lenovo graphic driver

•Workaround which you are currently using, are there limitations when using these workarounds?    modified Nvidia public driver doesnt have this fault so far, but we want lenovo to release an official edition of graphic driver to solve this problem.