Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
dgsmills

T410 not charging on Mini Dock Plus

Hello!  I am having a problem when using my T410[2516CTO] on my Mini Dock Plus.  I have had both items less than three days, shipped directly from Lenovo.  Searching the forum hasn't proven fruitful, so I thought I'd post.  The situation:

• Dock is powered with standard 90W adapter.
  • Connect T410 to dock
  • Power manager on laptop shows that it is connected to a powered adapter
  • Laptop does not charge from powered dock
  • Battery is continually drained
  •     Reboot, then connect - no change
  •     Boot up on dock - no change
  •     Battery gauge reset - no change
  •     Power setting "When lid closed, do nothing" - no change
  • All ports on dock work, including DVI

Any ideas?

Blue Screen Again
dgsmills

Re: T410 not charging on Mini Dock Plus

Update: spoke to Lenovo Support, they are sending me a replacement Mini Dock Plus. I will update next week to see if this resolves the issue.
Fanfold Paper
mtang2

Re: T410 not charging on Mini Dock Plus

Hi, I'm also having some of the same problems with a T510 and an extended 9-cell battery.  Power Manger 3.30 indicates that when my T510 is on my Series 3 mini dock plus, the 90W adapter is attached, but time required to fully charge is set at 0 and charge completion time is -nil-. The Power Manager Icon in my toolbar (running Windows 7) also changes to the "charging" plug, but the battery keeps discharging, no AC power.

When I plus the 90W adapter directly to my computer, the battery recharges as normal (see the "time to fully charge", charge completion time, etc.)

Not sure if the Dock is defective, or if it's my BIOS (recently upgraded over the last few days) - I just got my Dock and was trying it out for the first time when I noticed this.  Anyone have any ideas?