Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
CemXen
Accepted Solution

T410 win7 - 64bit installation issue

Hi !

I am trying to install win7 - 64 bit version on a virgin HDD.

The computer boot on the DVD as expected, then when I click "install now" button, an error show up.

'no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK'

I don't even get to the point where I can choose a custom installation.

Is it a known issue ? What kind of drivers are missing ?

The computer (T410) can run on Win7 - 64bit with my company HD.

My goal is to make my own HD so I can swap between company and personal use.

Thx for any answer.

Bit Torrent
tripplec

Re: T410 win7 - 64bit installation issue

I've not seen this before. Check the BIOS settings. Is it set for SATA drives
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Guru
ColonelONeill

[ Edited ]

Go into the Recovery section on the DVD, and format the drive from the Command Prompt (make sure you identify the right letter using diskpart; it's generally not C: ).

W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1099/688/1377, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Community Moderator
richk

What is the hard drive in the machine?
Paper Tape
CemXen

I don't have the factory DVD. The hard drive is formatted (NTFS).

Paper Tape
CemXen

BIOS is ok

I already use the HD for a windows XP partition before. It was booting without any issue

Paper Tape
CemXen

Hard drive is : WD5000BPVT

(western digital)

The HD was running Win XP beofre without any issue. No chance the HD is broken.

Paper Tape
CemXen

I copied most of the drivers to a USB memory stick.

Then it seems "Thinkpad modem adapter : oem55.inf" was a 'driver' ompatible with the hardware.

When I try to use that driver, this error message follow up : "No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct" or "driver could not be installed, contact the retailler for a newer version".

So, it could be that the driver missing is about "eom55.inf" "thinkpad modern adapter".

Community Moderator
richk

[ Edited ]

It is an advanced format (4k sectors) drive.  If you are installing from Lenovo recovery disks, it just won't work.  Lenovo says that they do not support AF drives in machines that were not delivered with them (pre-T420).  If you are installing from a regular microsoft disk, you can put the required intel storage drivers on a USB thumb drive and add them at the appropriate time.  You can also install if you can find a windows 7 disk that includes SP1.  I am out of town working on dial-up and have a hard time looking things up, but this should point you in the right direction.

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

[ Edited ]

richk wrote:

It is an advanced format (4k sectors) drive.  If you are installing from Lenovo recovery disks, it just won't work.  Lenovo says that they do not support AF drives in machines that were delivered with them (T420).  If you are installing from a regular microsoft disk, you can put the required intel storage drivers on a USB thumb drive and add them at the appropriate time.  You can also install if you can find a windows 7 disk that includes SP1.  I am out of town working on dial-up and have a hard time looking things up, but this should point you in the right direction.

The key here is to use Windows 7 SP1.  Make sure you download a legit .ISO from a trusted source. If you have a MSDN or TechNet subscription, download from there.  Otherwise I believe Digital River is still the trusted public source for Microsoft Windows .ISO images.

Be sure and check the MD5 hash after downloading to confirm the file isn't dorked up.

Burn the .ISO to DVD or use a USB stick.  The Microsoft Store has a great utility for burning the .ISO directly to a USB stick.  There are other ways but the utility is the simplest.