Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
aghayek

Re: T410S SSD hard drive is corrputed

Good find; and yes, i'm still stuck with this PC. I absoutely hate it and don't hold back from telling people.

My PC has issues everytime I do a lenovo update, a windows update. Features which added considerable cost to the PC(fingerprint reader, touchscreen, wireless card, Screen contrast/Hue) only work 90% of the time. 

Is it unreasonable to expect a computer that

1. is marketed at the gold standard business class computer &

2. is marketed as being tested to military standards &

3.  cost close to 3 grand

to work flawlessly, or near flawlessly? I got the 2 sigma reject & I'm pissed.

I'm also not interested in making friend, sorry do disappoint SCSI Port. It wasn't until I wrote that post that lenovo did their HW and concluded that it was a manufacteuring issue--That tells me that this is not just a peer-peer site and that our chineese big brother is watching.

Since you're T410s works this will be a  hypothetical question for you...

If your fingerprint reader worked 50% of the time, your $300.00 touch screen changes hue sporatically & also decides on a whim that it will dim itself and not respond to the screen brightness controls, your palm rests crack (fixed after too many hours with a call center), the screen bezel comes undone, the wirecard will shut itself off 2-3 times a week (on its own) and you spent more than months pay to get purchase it . .  

Wouldn't you be upset too? Would you not want your money back?

HDMI
-30-

As to the link mentioned and then "entertained" on page No 1:

aghayek wrote:

Once again I called Lenovo service in Atlanta Georgia, and told them my issues. They agreed to send me a box (Ref1: 31rqk4k-2901ct0-xxxxxxx/ Tracking: 1Z 8W2 75E 84 03110953)) and I'd have 30 days to return my computer.

I think 30 days is a more than reasonable time window, but it seems you weren't meet this and therfore lost the opportunity. Would you consider your reasons for not being able to return your system within this time window a possible reason, for members who also cannot let their systems out of their hands, to think about purchasing an On-Site-Next-Business-Day warranty extension?

QUOTE     andyP.

"Wouldn't you be upset too? Would you not want your money back?"

QUOTE     aghayek.

Enough said, and as such I am washing my hands of this "go-around".

-30-

I love my LENOVO.
T 410s, WIN 7, 128 SSD, 64 Ult.

I do not work for LENOVO.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
aghayek

Your above post is a "wag the dog".  . . so I have nothing left but to assume that you woud share the same sentiments as me.

HDMI
-30-

[ Edited ]

Don't bet on it.

-30-

I love my LENOVO.
T 410s, WIN 7, 128 SSD, 64 Ult.

I do not work for LENOVO.
Broadband 3G
JDay

aghayek wrote:

I'm pretty dissapointed with the 128GB that came with my PC and Lenovo. Lenovo loaded so much junk on my PC that when i received the laptop in the mail, it only had 20 GB's of free storage! 

ThinkPads do not come with any junk on them. The only things preinstalled are Windows 7, drivers, ThinkVantage tools, a DVD playback app and cd/dvd burning software. I do not count the other software that you are given the option to install since it only gets installed if you want it to be (mainly just Norton). And the recovery partition is less than 10GB, and can easily be removed once you burn a factory recovery set.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
aghayek

So. . . Obvisouly Im' a customer that is disatisfied.

Because I absoutely want it gone, If you make me a serious offer; I'll seriously consider it.

So, I've already put my PC on Craigslist and soon to be Ebay.

I'm asking 1400.00 OBO. It cost me (new) more than 2500 bucks in November 2010.

T410S Specs:

i5 vpro + Turbo boost

128SSD

8GB RAM

Touch Screen (multi touch)

Switchable Graphic Cards

fingerprint reader

SD reader

Wireless WAN

Wireless N

Bluetooth

Windows 7

Office Pro

550+ days left on the 3 year warranty (mail in, not onsite).

Never spilled water on it.

Never been in any accidents

Looks pristine

I'll send photos upon request (give me your email address)

Ctrl-Alt-Del
aghayek

Got my PC back after more than 45 days in the service center! They say the SSD tested fine. I got it back and the computer shut off after 2 seconds of being logged into windows. Turned it back on and it did the same thing 4 more times. Then, it went to a Lenovo Start up repair; i left it alone for an holur came back and  saw a black screen and a cursor in the middle of it. I left it alone for another hour and saw the same thing. I've restarted it multiple times and all i get is the same thing. This really sucks. 

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

[ Edited ]

Here are my suggestion(s):

1. Make sure you have a copy of your data on an external drive.
  2. Flatten the current installation and re-install Windows 7 using the factory disk set you have
  3. Sell the machine

I have news for you on the price.  You aren't going to get $1400 for the machine.  You'll be lucky to get $900.

Bit Torrent
tripplec

aghayek wrote:

So. . . Obvisouly Im' a customer that is disatisfied.

Because I absoutely want it gone, If you make me a serious offer; I'll seriously consider it.

So, I've already put my PC on Craigslist and soon to be Ebay.

I'm asking 1400.00 OBO. It cost me (new) more than 2500 bucks in November 2010.

T410S Specs:

i5 vpro + Turbo boost

128SSD

8GB RAM

Touch Screen (multi touch)

Switchable Graphic Cards

fingerprint reader

SD reader

Wireless WAN

Wireless N

Bluetooth

Windows 7

Office Pro

550+ days left on the 3 year warranty (mail in, not onsite).

Never spilled water on it.

Never been in any accidents

Looks pristine

I'll send photos upon request (give me your email address)

You paid way way too much.

Even here in Canada we can get one heck of a notebook for $1400 and under with the majority of i7 systems 800-$1000 depending on configuration and some much less due to heavy discount/sales including from Lenovo.

You have a warranty you might be better off taking it in to a independant authorized warranty dealer and go over the problems with their tech and have them repair it for you. Then you'll maintain the value you put into it.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3