Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
johnnybe

T410s Screen Cracked

These laptops have got to be the cheapest built laptops I've ever had. While lying on my bed with it on my lap I pushed the screen open more from the lower right hand side and the screen cracked. Never pushed it hard and have previously had dell/HP and have never had this happen to me.

I contated Support and they have billed me

£70 for a quote?????? **bleep**
£253 for the screen
£250 for the labour

What a Joke for a laptop less then 4 weeks old, I would suggest anyone thinking of buying one of these to go else where.

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Re: T410s Screen Cracked

Who's to say the screen wasn't defective to start with?  I can't imagine this is remotely normal.  Sounds like the screen was defective or improperly installed to start with.

If there is no tell tale cracking of the lid or chassis indicating a drop, I would push back and have them repair it under warranty.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

you don't need to drop the laptop or crack the casing on the T410s to crack the LCD. In actuality the T400s and T410s screen casing is not very strong in torsional stiffness. Therefore, if you open the screen with one hand and the hinge is stiff, then that maybe all you need to crack the screen.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Token Ring
Kicker774

lead_org wrote:
In actuality the T400s and T410s screen casing is not very strong in torsional stiffness.

Which is the sacrifice you make going for thin and light.

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Kicker774 wrote:

lead_org wrote:
In actuality the T400s and T410s screen casing is not very strong in torsional stiffness.

Which is the sacrifice you make going for thin and light.

I respecfully disagree. The T410s lid latch is at the right corner of the machine and lid.  If you are saying a one handed unlatch and open, followed by a screen crack is normal and expected, then as far as I'm concerned it's poor engineering and cause for a warranty repair.