Token Ring
SHoTTa35
Accepted Solution

T410s - Ultrabay Battery and Latch problems

Ok simply put - my brand new ultrabay battery from newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834994268

is having some intermittent issues. I'll list them out:

•  Plug in recognition issues.
  •  Wake up from sleep issues (similar to HERE)
  • Charging issues - it's stuck at 18% now and wont charge!

To explain futher. When i got the battery i plugged it in and the system recognised it right away and started charging. I let it charge up all the way. I used it for say 30minutes on battery which worked as expected. The UB battery depleted down to 70% or something and put it to sleep. When i woke up the machine (open the lid) the battery ejected and each time i plug it back in, it says ready to be removed. To fix this i have to reboot or sleep again then it semi works.

Now it to another thing - it shows being plugged in but still drains the MAIN battery and not the UB even though it's charged. When i take out the main battery and boot up with just the ultrabay battery the system starts to beep at me (like beep beep beep beep none stop). It's still getting power though obviously and still shows having a battery.

Now even when i plug it in (90W and 65W AC adapters) it shows "Plugged in Not Charging" and just sits there. Power Manager says the battery is in good conditon, still 0 cycles. First used 7-11 - Manufacturered 12/10.

Last issue being the latch, I guess from doing it few times now it's super hard to remove the battery, it seems as if i'm doing it wrong but the first time when i got the battery, i did it to remove the DVDRW that's in there easily, 1 fingered even. Now it's like i'm breaking my fingertips to get it open. The first little switch, is harder to move too then the long full switch is crazy hard to slide!

So anyone got any ideas? I have 3yr warranty so i can send it in but it's my only system so i'll be naked for a while till it gets back to me (no on-site warranty on this system, i "upgraded" from a T410 that had on-site.).

Thank you :smileyhappy:

PS - sorry for the long post, just wanted to give some details :smileyhappy:

Lenovo Thinkpad T440s
Lenovo Thinkpad T410s (retired)

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter @ThinkNtwrks
Token Ring
SHoTTa35

Re: T410s - Ultrabay Battery and Latch problems

FYI - Apparently it was all down to the motherboard needing to be replaced. Had to send it in twice but the 2nd time the board was replaced and stuff now charges as it should. It also allows the hot plug and the switch underneath is also easily moveable now.

Didn't want to be one of "those" posts where questions are asked but no solution posted later or "NVM - it's fixed" :smileyvery-happy:
Lenovo Thinkpad T440s
Lenovo Thinkpad T410s (retired)

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter @ThinkNtwrks
HDMI
-30-

Re: T410s - Ultrabay Battery and Latch problems

"Didn't want to be one of "those" posts where questions are asked but no solution posted later or "NVM - it's fixed"

QUOTE      SHoTTa35

Thank you for your thoughtfulness; i wish more were as you.

Regards,

-30-

I love my LENOVO.
T 410s, WIN 7, 128 SSD, 64 Ult.

I do not work for LENOVO.