Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
dougm

T410s - Unable to get 2 monitors to work through DisplayPorts

Just got the T410s.  For those waiting for delivery - Ordered 2/18 projected delivery 4/21 received 3/25, shipped 3/19 (Philly burbs).

My setup -

T410s - Windows 7 - Intel HD Graphics - 4GB RAM - 128 GB SSD

ThinkPad Mini Docking Stations 3 Plus - has 2 DVI, 2 DisplayPorts and one VGA

1 Lenovo L2251x (w/cam/mic and USB Hub) and 1 Lenovo L2251p  Each with 1 VGA and 1 DisplayPort 

Problem is, whether using docking station or not, am unable to get monitors to display via DisplayPort. 

The graphics and display controls recognize the monitors and type.  I can even get the system to act like there is an extended workspace (can drag windows behind the blank screen).  But have only rarely been able to get both monitor's to display at same time. (each will work through the VGA port of laptop and DockStation). 

Reinstalled monitor drivers.  The intel Graphics accelerator using a lenovo customized version so haven't replaced it. 

When I have been able to both to display (no rhythm or reason), the secondary monitor would go blank every 5 to 10 seconds. 

DisplayPort will not work even if it is the Laptop Screen and External monitor.

Also, investigated a DVI to VGA converter but it seems the DVI ports have different pins. Everything I see online has the elongated post to the right with 4 pins the elongated post's corners.

fyi,  the reason I went with this setup

Wanted something light since I travel a lot but work out of my home.  I do a lot of spreadsheets and word processing along with some programming, so I wanted something capable.  Rather the use of a regular keyboard and mouse and needed dual monitors for the work. Something convenient to disconnect and throw in a brief case.  If I get everything working, it seems all of this is ideal for these requirements. 

Fanfold Paper
VisionEase

Re: T410s - Unable to get 2 monitors to work through DisplayPorts

Has anyone figured this out? I too am running a T410s with 2 L2251P monitors.

I have a different issue where one of the monitors will work until I reboot then it starts to look like an EKG machine with green bars bouncing all over.

I am running both on DisplayPort. I can't get dual's to work on either coniguration either.

Paper Tape
dougm

No where to found in any documentation or sales information is that you cannot use two DISPLAYPORT connected monitors.  Even though the docking stations has a 2 DVI and 2 DISPLAYPORT and 1 VGA, you are unable to use two of the same type.  I my L2251P and purchased a L2250P difference is that the L2251Phas a VGA and a DP (so does the L2251x which has a USB hub and a integrated camera and mic)  ,  L2250P has a DVI-D and a VGA.    So now I have a L2251X connected via VGA and a L2250P connected by DVI-D.  All works fine. 

Lenovo service was terrible (never received a call back).  Also, the docking station Plus 3 is also misleading, since you cannot use the same types ports for two monitors.  Better off getting the Docking Station 3 with 1 VGA, 1 DVI and 1 DisplayPort.

Also, was unable to get VGA and DIsplayport directly from t410S to work either.  Had similar and same response as the green bars.  Machine definitely does not like Displayports. 

Also to note, ordered late Feb, delivery was estimated 4/22,  received 3/25.

Lenovo Staff
Ken

Thanks for bring this issue to our attention. Yes it certainly looks like an issue and we have reproduced it here. I wanted to let you know that the engineering team is working to solve this issue as we speak. For now, I can't give you a firm timeline but we'll release a fix as soon as we can.

I don't know if using DVI will work for you but this issues seems to be limited do DP only.

Guru
sys3175

[ Edited ]

The pin out on a DVI cable various upon its useage, this is a chart of the various types: http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html#Page06

If using 2 displays with the intel adapter you will need to setup the display driver to use the two external displays and disable the onboard display.  This should be done either through the intel driver, or through the windows display configuration tool.

I am not 100% sure this is possible with the intel graphics adaptor but the second monitor should appear once the onboard panel is shutoff.

Wow.. I was a little bit late on this reply apparently it is an issue and I'm guessing my solution wouldn't help.   Best of luck to you, glad that you got right right persons attention.

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 8 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
Fanfold Paper
VisionEase

Any update on this issue? This is holding us back from deploying our new T410 & T410s laptops!

Lenovo Staff
Ken

The development team is working the new driver and testing some possible solutions. Still a few weeks out given time to verify a solution and test/release to the web.

What's DOS?
Lenovoa

Hi Ken, any update?

Thanks
Paper Tape
mia2821

I too am having dual display issues with our Lenovo T410's  type 2522-22U.  When docked on a T410 docking staion type 4337 S/N M3-69105.  When you try to switch the display positioning with XP SP3 with the external monitor as the primary, the laptop LCD screen goes black and the display on the monitor locks up.  Hard drive light still flashes as if the machine is still working and not completely locked up.. but display never recovers until you do a hard power off. 

T410 - Windows XP SP3

Intel HD Graphics - 2GB RAM

Dockingstation has 1 VGA port that we are trying to utilize 1DVI and then the HD graphics port

Issue occurs on any monitor connected to the device whether a Lenovo wide screen or an HP 107b CRT.

What's DOS?
tbjerch

The problem is still the same .  Has anything happened on this the last 15 months???