Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
yostothose
Accepted Solution

T410s webcam not working

My webcam has been working fine with all programs (skype, aim, websites, etc) until yesterday.  Now, it just shows a black sceen and when I try to access it on websites I get error messages saying the webcam can not be found.  When I look under my devices, it says the webcam is installed and my drivers are up to date.  I tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't work.  Is this a hardware issue or am I doing something wrong?

Paper Tape
ronmhjr

Integrated Webcam on T400 not working after Windows 7 install

Installed Windows 7  this weekend and have gotten everything to work except the integrated webcam.  I do not see the camera listed in the BIOS under Security I/O.  Have tried to install the driver with not luck because it cannot be found.  I do have an item in the device manager the has an exclamation mark and I think that it is the webcam.  It is listed under the USB Root Hub as an Unknown Device.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron

Paper Tape
Jaspreetsandila

Re: T410s webcam not working

Install lenovo ThinkVantage communication Utility on your computer if you don't have.

Press function key + F6 to load think vantage communication utility.

Under the camera settings, click on "show camera images"

What's DOS?
rshn

I have the same problem,  my inegrated cam is not working. I also tried installing the latest driver .19.

When i press Fn+F6, I get Communication settings window, I can see Audio Settings, therez no Camera Settings.

I cannot see the camera in Device Manager, I believe its supposed to be under section "Image *"

need help! :smileysad:

Fanfold Paper
Joaquin

Re: Integrated Webcam on T400 not working after Windows 7 install

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with a X201 Tablet (2985-EZG). Anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks.

What's DOS?
friedrichlenovo

Hi, i have the same problem, too. The Webcam is enabled in bios, but windows does not find it so it doesn't show up in lenovo fn+f6 media whatever settings. is this result of broken hardware?
Blue Screen Again
emilycjn

Unable to detect build in webcam for t410s

hi there,

while i was still in a webcam session, the webcam was suddenly undetectable....

has anyone experience situation like this? how can i solve this problem?

i tried to detect it through "Devices and Printers" but to no avail.  this is frustrating...

Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

i have this problem too. everything was working before no real change in drivers updates or software. the bios was the original bios when the webcam was working. has anyone resolved this issue? tried installing the ricoh drivers from the support site. nothing happened. rebooted and same result.

T410 ~ i7-620M 2.66GHz ~ Win7 PRO 32bit ~ WXGA+ 14.1 LED ~ nVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M~ 4GB RAM ~ WebCam ~ 250GB 7200rpm ~ Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 ~ eSata port (non-powered / don't ask me why. I know it should have been powered)
Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

Re: Unable to detect build in webcam for t410s

i have this same issue now. i believe alot people are having issues with the integrated camera. anyone called support to have this resolved?
T410 ~ i7-620M 2.66GHz ~ Win7 PRO 32bit ~ WXGA+ 14.1 LED ~ nVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M~ 4GB RAM ~ WebCam ~ 250GB 7200rpm ~ Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 ~ eSata port (non-powered / don't ask me why. I know it should have been powered)
Punch Card
ryan_tolentino

Re: Integrated Webcam on T400 not working after Windows 7 install

i have this problem with the unknown device in the usb root hub, how did you resolve this? thanks